Home
Why
snipe
?
Compare
FAQ
Community
Terms
Contact
My Snipes
Home
Why
snipe
?
Compare
FAQ
Community
Terms
Contact
My Snipes
Menu
Home
Why
snipe
?
Compare
FAQ
Community
Terms
Contact
Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com
terms of usage.
Search
Gixen.com Forum Index
->
Support
Post a reply
Username
Subject
Anti-Bot check:
Enter characters from the following image:
Item ID warning
Please provide eBay item id number (unless provided already) in the post message if you have a question about specific item.
I cannot investigate an issue without it
.
Message body
Emoticons
View more Emoticons
Font colour:
Default
Dark Red
Red
Orange
Brown
Yellow
Green
Olive
Cyan
Blue
Dark Blue
Indigo
Violet
White
Black
Font size:
Tiny
Small
Normal
Large
Huge
Close Tags
[quote="Cupid"]There can be a number of reasons why Ebay rejects a bid. Try starting to place a bid on one of their [url=https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=collectableswarehouse1&store_cat=0&store_name=collectableswarehouse1&_oac=1&_sop=15]other auctions[/url] You don't have to actually place a bid these days to find out... if you can get to the point of entering an amount it's likely your bid will be accepted. Please do this on the site you have set to be your target in your Settings, which I accept may not be the Australian one I've directed you to. Do you get to that point with any of these auctions ? ... If not what message does it give you ?[/quote]
Options
HTML is
OFF
BBCode
is
ON
Smilies are
ON
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Jump to:
Select a forum
Gixen
----------------
Announcements
Support
Suggestions and Ideas
Impressions
Blog
Topic review
Author
Message
Cupid
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:53 am
Post subject:
Quote:
Aus97 wrote:
Yes. All with same seller, someone that I have been dealing with for many years.
OK, so the only way to end up with that status is for Gixen to attempt to place the bid, but for Ebay to reject it.
You can ask, via email, for Mario to see if there's anything more explicit in the server logs... but this might be a case where it's worth asking Ebay direct why your bid on that item was rejected, given that you have evidence, that they can review, of you winning auctions with the same seller either side of it.
Aus97
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:21 am
Post subject:
Yes. All with same seller, someone that I have been dealing with for many years.
Cupid
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:19 pm
Post subject: Re: You are not eligible to bid on this item
Quote:
aus_97 wrote:
I placed a number of other bids at the same time as this one, of which I won 3 and was outbid on 2.
All with seller collectableswarehouse1 ?
aus_97
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:02 pm
Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item
I placed a number of other bids at the same time as this one, of which I won 3 and was outbid on 2. the successful bids were either side of this one (ie. Successful just before and thenjust after). It just doesn't make sense. I have been trading on Ebay for over 25 years and never experienced anything like this.
Cupid
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:40 am
Post subject:
There can be a number of reasons why Ebay rejects a bid.
Try starting to place a bid on one of their
other auctions
You don't have to actually place a bid these days to find out... if you can get to the point of entering an amount it's likely your bid will be accepted. Please do this on the site you have set to be your target in your Settings, which I accept may not be the Australian one I've directed you to.
Do you get to that point with any of these auctions ? ... If not what message does it give you ?
aus_97
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:07 am
Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item
Item # 287591332692
My Gixen bid was $23.55, yet the item sold for $22.27. The Bid increment was met. Why was my bid ineligible?
© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.