Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not Sure I Understand Mirror Site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjf999

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Not Sure I Understand Mirror Site Reply with quote

This is a fantastic piece of software, I use it all the time and just upgraded to the paid account.

I don't think I totally understand how the system works especially in regards to the Mirror Site functionality.

Does this mean a bid will be sent from the Main site and Mirror site so it will go to ebay twice? Or does one supersede the other and only really helpful in case one server has an issue, it's more of a failsafe.

Based on some settings I read on I have my mirror at 6 second offset and my main at an 8 second offset. I am assuming the bids will hit ebay at the mirror offset at 6 seconds unless it fails to communicate, the main would come in at 8 seconds and do nothing unless the other server sent at 6 seconds fails.

I am a bit confused, anyone out there can help?

Thanks.

Scott
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've actually explained it perfectly. With your settings, the mirror site will send your bid at 6 seconds and the main site will send your bid at 8 seconds. Thus, if one of the bids fails to make it to ebay, the other one should.

That's all there is to it, really. Your bid is sent from two distinct servers with the timing determined by how you set the offsets.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The larger offset is the one most likely to be successful on Ebay...

So 8 seconds is the offset you would most likely see for your bids... at 6 seconds the other server is later to attempt to place your bid... Since Ebay does not allow you to place the same bid at two different times, it is most likely that the second, later, bid will be blocked, so that 6 second offset is only relevant if for some reason the earlier 8 second offset bid fails to get through to Ebay.
sjf999

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, makes perfect sense.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.