Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Settings in Firefox/Waterfox Add-on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Settings in Firefox/Waterfox Add-on Reply with quote

About Settings for Gixen's Firefox/Waterfox Add-on:

Username: I put my Gixen username
Password: I put my Gixen password

Bid: No idea what the up/down arrows are for, or why the down arrow presents negative numbers. Someone please explain the use of this field.

Offset: I chose a number from the dropdown to indicate how close to the auction end I want Gixen to fire my snipe bid--but if I were a new user, I would have no idea what "offset" means in this context.

Offset Mirror: Since I am a paid subscriber, I chose a smaller number from the dropdown to indicate how close to the auction end I want Gixen Mirror to fire my snipe bid.

Submit: Clicking submit popped-up a window asking me if I wanted the extension to remember my password. I chose OK (I don't recall that there was another option) and now "Settings Saved" appears in the "Settings" area.

Seems to me someone should write a detailed User Guide for this extension.

After installing the Gixen extension and reloading Waterfox, I could not locate the extension in my extensions list to see if there were any options or settings I needed to address. I finally discovered that the Gixen extension installs itself as "Autosnipe", so you need to tell people that OR change the name of the Add-on to Autosnipe. Consistency helps!

A User Guide should tell new users to go to Autosnipe>Options>Settings before using Gixen (aka Autosnipe). Each of the "Settings" fields needs to be fully described, so a user will know what to enter in each one...and why!

Then, a guide needs to explain how to use Autosnipe on eBay...followed by what error messages might appear...and how to deal with each of them.

It also needs to explain when (and where) you will see an "Add to Gixen" field and button and when you will not. And, of course, explain that you need to put your Max Snipe bid in the "Add to Gixen" field. New Users don't know this stuff, and no user should have to guess on first-time use.

[Notice that on eBay pages it's "Gixen"...not "Autosnipe", so someone needs to pick a name and stick with it.]

UNTIL then...what are those up/down arrows for in the Settings "Bid" field...and why negative numbers?

Thanks, in advance, for anyone's expert help.
Autosnipe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bid is simply the amount entered in the max bid feild, If you want to write a user guide for the extension please feel free

Keith
ronenr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autosnipe wrote:
Bid is simply the amount entered in the max bid feild

Keith

Can you elaborate on this a bit more, please ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the default number that should go in the Max Bid field whenever you add a snipe using the Autosnipe extension.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Autosnipe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.ibb.co/PMYnvmc/20181224-223046.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.