Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Guidance re timing for edits, please (edited repost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aoraki1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Guidance re timing for edits, please (edited repost) Reply with quote

Hello

First of all, a sincere thanks for a great service.

I'm new to Gixen and have trawled the support archive for an answer to a newbie Q... but, a ready answer didn't leap out (altho' I suspect they are there). Hence this email.

Having used sniping software for some years, I've got used to (sometimes) editing snipe amounts up to quite close to end-of-auction time. I've just attempted this with Gixen (I thought, but stand to be corrected, within a few minutes of the snipe being ended).

(I appreciate there could be a range of responses about the Why? of edits to snipes...but, my rationality, or lack thereof, isn't the point of this post...)

However, it appeared that the edits were undertaken too late in the game (and there was a bolded comment on the Gixen account page to that effect, which I didn't see until I refreshed the page, too late). Inevitably, the bid didn't fire.

A pain...but c'est la vie...

So, here's the Q: what is the minimum time before the end of an auction that edits can be made to a snipe amount, please? (the item# was 230205091865; ebay ID aranui55). Or put another way, how much time is needed to update a personal bid-database on Gixen?

Again, many thanks...Gixen is a great example of the 'net at its best
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Guidance re timing for edits, please (edited repost) Reply with quote

aoraki1 wrote:
what is the minimum time before the end of an auction that edits can be made to a snipe amount, please? (the item# was 230205091865; ebay ID aranui55).

Sorry about your lost bid, it's 2 minutes before auction end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.