Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Some insights from December 2019

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Some insights from December 2019 Reply with quote

I rarely look at what Gixen is buying for users. I am usually busy with all kinds of practical problems I have to resolve for users that I simply don't have time for that.

I did, however, look this time what happened the last month, and the first thing I queried was - what is the most expensive item Gixen won in the past 30 days?

And it's a car, a beautiful one, won in neighborhood of $43,000. Nothing special about that, however. What is special is the amount the winner had for its maximum bid... and it's more than 5 times higher than this winning bid. Not sure if I understand it. Can't tell if this was a really good deal buyer got, or if he/she wanted that car too much. But I congratulate this user anyway, and I'm grateful he/she chose Gixen to help.

The record item, however, happened in August of 2017, and it was for UK real estate. Won for little over 170,000 GBP by the buyer who had a maximum bid around 30% higher than that.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowsers. Shocked

And I thought I was big stuff sniping on a planetary mixer that normally has a retail price of $249.99. lol

Rick

P.S. Yeah I won that one for $102.50 Very Happy
vbipi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Bid Data Reply with quote

Mario, Any Chance you could share the data on some of the won categories? For example of interest to me would be cameras, camera lens(es) and laptops. I know I can review the eBay sold data, but I wanted to cross reference what a good Snipe bid vs the public eBay data for personal preference (I am trying to start a photography business on a very limited budget) and for information, just to play around with the numbers / data and share it with the Gixen community. As I personally believe we all excel when we work together and share information. BTW thanks for the awesome tool and all the great work you do.

Kind regards,

vbipi (vbipigixen)
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some more of this kind of data on this blog:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/what-buyers-buy-on-ebay/
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Blog All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: