Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Simplicity of this site/service is refreshing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrotek1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject: Simplicity of this site/service is refreshing Reply with quote

I have to say that when I first found this site I was a little put off by the fact that the site design is from 2005 but after using it for the first time i'm pleasantly surprised. It just works. Its simple. NO BS.

Please don't start adding random features and monetizing with ads and other crap. It'll just muddle the core functionality.

I lost the auction I tried it on but the bid went through fine. Actually kind of funny... current bid was $70, I sniped 3 times that amount with 6 seconds left, and lost due to a snipe at 1 second left at exactly 1 increment above my bid. Interesting that on my first sniping attempt there were clearly other people sniping the auction more aggressively.

If I make it past 4 successful snipes without major technical issues then buying the $6 subscription is a no brainer.
Blagbox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity of this site/service is refreshing Reply with quote

retrotek1 wrote:
I have to say that when I first found this site I was a little put off by the fact that the site design is from 2005 but after using it for the first time i'm pleasantly surprised. It just works. Its simple. NO BS.

Please don't start adding random features and monetizing with ads and other crap. It'll just muddle the core functionality.

Laughing I thought exactly the same about the ‘Retro’ look at first, but I gave it a week and was so impressed I signed up after 5 days. Over a year later I’m still here. Very Happy

It would be nice if Gixen were given a little makeover (heck, I’d even pay a $10 subscription to help pay for it) but I don’t mind it as it is. Better that than ebays constant tweaks on the App that are nearly always backward steps, and complete Fu€k ups!

Agree with you 100% about keeping it ad-Free, at least for Subscribers.

I’m sure it won’t take you long to reach 4 successful snipes. Good luck. As long as it’s not against me. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.