Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Mirror Price Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Gixen Mirror Price Change Reply with quote

The price of 1-year and 2-year Gixen Mirror Subscription will increase by 2.5% on Jan 1st, 2021.

This increase will apply to new subscriptions only - if you have a recurring Gixen Mirror Subscription you will retain the original pricing at the time you subscribed, for all the following years to come. For all existing and new recurring subscriptions commenced before Jan 1st, 2021, you lock in the original price, so if you want to retain the same price Gixen has had since 2007, now is an excellent time to do that.

Some users may be upset with this modest price increase, so I want to note that while many costs have gone up in 2020 (e.g. Gixen's main colocation facility hiked the fees back in August by 39%, and paypal also hiked some fees), this price change is equal to US annual core inflation rate as measured in January of 2020.

Going further, it's more likely than not that Gixen's pricing will follow US core price index change, adjusted annually, and any recurring Mirror subscriptions will retain the original pricing at purchase time.
jb93

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already feel as if I'm getting a fantastic deal with the 11/14 dollars every year or two that I'm paying. Personally, I'd probably gladly pay 15 dollars a year for this, or switch to a model where the price is based on the number of entries or number of snipes that end up going through (5 dollars for the first 50 snipes, 4 dollars for each 50 after that, or something along those lines)

Gixen is the only reason I continue to use Ebay to the extent I do, so I'm very thankful that it still exists. Thanks for all you do!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, happy with the price change.
Great service. Thanks for your efforts Mario!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, your service is cheap at the price. Even though I am not a really heavy user, I have saved so much more than the subscription price that even a much larger increase would not make any difference to me. You should allow users to make donations in excess of the subscription fee. Thanks for your work!!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

yragrengaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: price increase Reply with quote

Nice that you're so concerned about not overcharging us, but geeez... I don't understand at all why this service is as cheap as it is in the first place!! I have over 4,000 successful bids through Gixen and it costs me WHAT fraction of a cent per snipe???... to SAVE me AT LEAST half an hour of stressing out PER BID trying not to miss an auction?!! Let's see... half an hour times 20,000 bids (yeah I get outbid occasionally) is 10,000 hours! Even if my time was only worth a buck an hour that would buy me a good used car!!!!! I'd pay double and still think I was cheating you!
cUXjBxM7RL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Woke Reply with quote

I thought the email subject was Gixen Minor Price Change;
then I realised it wasn't;
and then I read it and realised I was right first time.

My ICP says, "each year we will adjust the amount customers pay per month for their plans according to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%." bt.com/help/broadband/annual-price-changes-and-cpi
Grandrew2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Prices changes Reply with quote

Steady on chaps lets not over do it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Brilliant work Mario have been delighted with the service and the results to date many thanks for all you do and the very reasonable price
buzzingjimbo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great value service, please do not be concerned with a very small % increase. 15 cents extra a year... i think we can cope with that - I would have put it up more.

I think a lot of users have their annual subscription paid for in just one or two successful snipes!

Thanks for the service.
Chocolatkay66

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new subscriber. Not recurring though. Will I be able to lock in prices? (Very infrequent EBayer who would like to still be able to subscribe for the convenience of this brilliant service).

Ps it’s so great to see so much love and support for this service and all the work that goes into it Smile Thank you 🙏
rcglfr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Recurring \"automatic\" payment? Reply with quote

Been using Gixen for several years now. Received the notice of price update but not sure I understand what "recurring" is referring to.

If I renew my subscription for 2021 does that mean that from now on Paypal will renew my subscription each year automatically? When I go to check out on Paypal it shows a message that says I am authorizing "automatic" payments to Gixen.

I intend to keep using Gixen but do not want to have payments made automatically each year, I want the option to opt out if I choose.
nootrino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario

I am MORE than happy to pay more, although as a long time customer my price is locked. Do you have a donation button somewhere? I will happily top up my subscription as a thank you for one of the best online services I have ever used.
bonemanpress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Prices Reply with quote

Your service is a bargain at any price.
Storman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Good fair pricing for the service... Reply with quote

Happy with the service you provide. Your pricing is reasonable for what we get. Thanks for the heads up on the pricing increase.
oedge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Just adding my thanks for this great service Reply with quote

Thanks for this great service ...Price increase no prob
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a LONG time user and supporter of Gixen Mario.

I'm so thankful you made the decision to not have the price increase effect recurring Mirror subscriptions. This shows that you value your base customers, some of which have probably been using Gixen for several years (such as myself).

As others in the topic, I am certainly not a heavy user of Gixen (I only purchase a handful of item from eBay every year), but I pay for the recurring subscription because I support your work. I appreciate all you've done to constantly improve your product over the year - trust me, I've seen your engagement and the changes.

Thanks again for always thinking through logically about the decisions around Gixen and your user/customer base,

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
choklitreasure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Thank you for providing a great service Reply with quote

I have been using this service for so many years now and it has been saved me tons of money on my bids. Very secure that I don't have to look elsewhere for anything. Very much affordable, and even years later continues to stay much affordable to all of us - never have to think about another service!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Recurring \\\"automatic\\\" payment? Reply with quote

rcglfr wrote:
I intend to keep using Gixen but do not want to have payments made automatically each year, I want the option to opt out if I choose.

Non-recurring payments are $8/year as opposed to $6/year for recurring, plus you don't lock in the price.

You can cancel the automatic recurring plan from your paypal account at any time, there is no penalty for that (yet, at least).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I find out if my current mirror account is recurring or non-recurrlng?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
How do I find out if my current mirror account is recurring or non-recurrlng?

I am working on adding this information to the Gixen settings page, but in the meantime the only way to check is to check in your paypal account. Look for "recurring payments" and see if Gixen is there. You can also cancel it from your paypal account if you wish so.
kinggooner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: price rise Reply with quote

To be honest I don't really use eBay anymore, since my PayPal account was closed (for whatever reason) but I am happy to leave my recurring subscription going in any case as the amount Is nothing in comparison to the savings made over the years.
Who knows, now that eBay is breaking its link with that stupid PayPal company I may even start using Given again.
jackpottrader07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: MIRROR PRICE CHANGE Reply with quote

Hello thanks for the head up.
So If want to sign up for recurring yearly membership, auto yearly pay.
Are you saying the price stays the same.

If this true then how to I sign up for yearly auto pay.
Let me know thanks.
kinggooner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reccurring Payment. Reply with quote

Actually,
After writing that I will be continuing to re-cur, I have just realised that my payment comes from a PayPal account that is closed (by them not me).

Is there any other method of payment accepted (from the UK) as PayPal will just reject the next request from Gixen for Payment, even though they are holding on to nearly GBP 200 on my money)?
I refuse to open another account with them as I do not deal with idiotic companies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: MIRROR PRICE CHANGE Reply with quote

jackpottrader07 wrote:

Let me know thanks.

YES - sign up BEFORE the price rise and it stays that price every year.
kinggooner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: MIRROR PRICE CHANGE Reply with quote

jackpottrader07 wrote:

Let me know thanks.

Just Login as normal and go to "Settings" it is right a the top of the page you can choose one or two years recurring.
kinggooner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Recurring \\\\\\\"automatic\\\\\\\" payment? Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Non-recurring payments are $8/year as opposed to $6/year for recurring, plus you don't lock in the price.

You can cancel the automatic recurring plan from your PayPal account at any time, there is no penalty for that (yet, at least).

Unfortunately PayPal have cancelled my account (go figure?) and so I cannot cancel the recurring fee, nor will they pay it to you ... there is no way around this as the "back office" just won't speak to you about your account.

Is there any other way to pay from the UK as I would like to continue to support you project but not via PayPal?

Dave
missconduct

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Mirror Price Change Reply with quote

mario wrote:
The price of 1-year and 2-year Gixen Mirror Subscription will increase by 2.5% on Jan 1st, 2021.

This increase will apply to new subscriptions only - if you have a recurring Gixen Mirror Subscription you will retain the original pricing at the time you subscribed, for all the following years to come. For all existing and new recurring subscriptions commenced before Jan 1st, 2021, you lock in the original price, so if you want to retain the same price Gixen has had since 2007, now is an excellent time to do that.

Some users may be upset with this modest price increase, so I want to note that while many costs have gone up in 2020 (e.g. Gixen's main colocation facility hiked the fees back in August by 39%, and paypal also hiked some fees), this price change is equal to US annual core inflation rate as measured in January of 2020.

Going further, it's more likely than not that Gixen's pricing will follow US core price index change, adjusted annually, and any recurring Mirror subscriptions will retain the original pricing at purchase time.

Hi Mario. Even though my current subscription does not infact run out till the 17/03/21 , Because of your notification of price increases for new accounts, I've just (as advised) tried to lock in the old price and and update my subscription. The only thing is, it appears now that i've just been recharged ($6) and my subscription has now re-started from the 07/12/20. So, I appear to have lost 3 months subscription because of this?!! ..Sharon
bullshit1294

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Missing new 2 years Reply with quote

My current subscription before your price change email already expires november 30th 2022. I then got your price change email. I did a 2 year recurring.today to lock in. The paypal receipt says paid thru December 7 2022 when Ill be recharged. I should instead be paid thru December 7, 2024 on my account with the new charge today. Please adjust
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have another username, starting with "robotic" that you paid for today. This is a recurring subscription. Which username do you use?
bigrizz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: I'm with everyone else on this... Reply with quote

I agree with all the others here. You've kept the same price for a long time. Costs go up. You have every right to recoup those costs. I've appreciated the great service over many years and hope to continue using it as long as it's around!
Dave H

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, your communications are top-notch as always. Clearly stated, putting your customers' interests first, and with total transparency. Thanks for setting such a great example!
bullshit1294

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, I already sent a reply email to you too about this issue. I probably shouldnt post my login name here since you have private messaging disabled here. My email address for this gixen and paypal I paid again with the same. I will email you again.
jackpottrader07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: ReCurring Price payments Reply with quote

Ok.

How do I sing up for Recurring Payments.
Please let me know.

Thanks.
yorki_bar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Recurring subscriptions Reply with quote

Hi have been a subscriber for many years with my renewal being in September. Now happy to change to a recurring subscription but seems that this will change my renewal date. Can I change type of subscription without changing my renewal date. T.i.a.
closed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a recurring 2 year subscription on one account but decided to move it to another account so I transferred the mirror to my new account, will the reoccurring subscription on my paypal be able to extend my current account that I transferred the mirror to in 2 years or will it renew the original one?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reccurring Payment. Reply with quote

kinggooner wrote:

Is there any other method of payment accepted (from the UK) as PayPal will just reject the next request from Gixen for Payment, even though they are holding on to nearly ÂGBP 200 on my money)?
I refuse to open another account with them as I do not deal with idiotic companies.

You don't need a paypal account, now you can subscribe to recurring payments using your credit card. The payment processor will still be paypal.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Recurring subscriptions Reply with quote

yorki_bar wrote:
Hi have been a subscriber for many years with my renewal being in September. Now happy to change to a recurring subscription but seems that this will change my renewal date. Can I change type of subscription without changing my renewal date. T.i.a.

Please email me - I can issue you a partial refund for the payment made and you can subscribe using recurring payments. Include your username.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

closed wrote:
I did a recurring 2 year subscription on one account but decided to move it to another account so I transferred the mirror to my new account, will the reoccurring subscription on my paypal be able to extend my current account that I transferred the mirror to in 2 years or will it renew the original one?

I am adding logic to do exactly this.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ReCurring Price payments Reply with quote

jackpottrader07 wrote:
Ok.

How do I sing up for Recurring Payments.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

You can see all options on the Gixen settings page (web UI).
Tillytoo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Subscription Reply with quote

I have subscribed for 2 years and on a rolling basis. I have more than one account and if possible, I would like to transfer the remainder of my subscription to another account if possible.

Please let me know if this can be done.
alex777666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: CANCEL RECURRING PAYMENTS Reply with quote

How do I cancel the automatic recurring payment?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Subscription Reply with quote

Tillytoo wrote:
I have subscribed for 2 years and on a rolling basis. I have more than one account and if possible, I would like to transfer the remainder of my subscription to another account if possible.

Please let me know if this can be done.

There is a Mirror transfer form that you can access via the Settings page.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: CANCEL RECURRING PAYMENTS Reply with quote

alex777666 wrote:
How do I cancel the automatic recurring payment?

This can be done via your Paypal account. The recurring payment that you wish to cancel will reference Gixen.
greshoff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: 2 year plan Reply with quote

Hi have just subscribed for 2 year plan however when I check my Gixen account it shows that my subscriptuion ends on Aug 20, 2023 Surely this should be on the date I took out the subscription - Today.
I previoulsly had a 1 year non recurring plan.
I await your response Mario
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greshoff,

This would make sense if you still had 8 months to run on your previous subscription, payments are additive and don't overwrite any current subscription, is that possible ?

Otherwise, for enquiries/support of this nature it is best to email Mario direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above. Please include your Gixen id in the correspondence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: