Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Thank you! I've just won my first auction using Gixen.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Thank you! I've just won my first auction using Gixen. Reply with quote

Thank you! I've just won my first auction using Gixen.

Watched the auction unfolding and had revised the max amount multiple times. Does that mean that my final bid was the highest? Is there a way to estimate the (hidden) highest bid? If someone bidded more than me, then I'd lose the auction, right?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the highest bid that is accepted always wins on Ebay.

Take care not to revise your snipe in the last two minutes of the auction as that can result in the snipe just being cancelled without there being time to launch a new one with the revised snipe amount.

When you loose it is usually not possible to know the amount of the higher bid because Ebay only makes the winner pay at most one bid increment more then the next highest bid.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Mark! I followed the instruction and the two minute rule. It was tense, nevertheless. If bid a "trillion", then I'd still ended up paying only the increment over the second place finisher, right?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you would... however, sooner or later, two bidders are going to do the same and one of them will end up paying something close to that.

Therefore, my advice would always be to set the snipe amount at a price above which you believe a winner would be paying too much.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.