Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

INVALID AUTHORIZATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

I placed a snipe for item 133998376524. It has ended with a value well below what my maximum was.

The reason for the snipe failing is "INVALID AUTHORIZATION"
My ebay authorisation link was valid until June 2022.

Just to test that I can update the link, I have just successfully done so, and it's now valid until Jul 2023.

Can you please help as to why the snipe failed?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't invalidated by Ebay because it was 18 months old it will have been invalidated by them for some other reason.

The known actions that can cause Ebay to invalidate an authorisation are changes you make to your credentials, e.g. changing your Ebay password. If you make any changes like this on Ebay it is advisable to update your authorisation here on Gixen since Ebay does not inform Gixen when this happens, the first that anyone will know about it is when a snipe fails in the way that yours has.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: 133998376524 Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. That is what mystifies me. I won a snipe a while ago, on the same user id. It's an id I have had for years, and nothing has changed since I won that snipe, i.e. password, etc.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can keep an eye on the authorisation status on Ebay from the Account tab in My eBay.

Personal Info section, Sign In and Security Link, Third-party app access, View link.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject:

Mcorbid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Invalid authorization Reply with quote

I am having the same issue. My membership shows up to 2024 paid. This eBay item closed 313860514773- considerably below my Max bid. This is an antique one of a kind item. My eBay account is current. My bid was not submitted. I’m baffled. And perturbed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorisation is a separate thing from your subscription, please see this blog article on the subject:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.