Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Disregard shipping addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quuador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Disregard shipping addresses Reply with quote

Could you please disregard addresses of both seller and buyer for Gixen? It already happened twice that I set up Gixen for an auction ending in the middle of the night, and when I wake up I see it ended up less than halve of my max bid and Gixen hasn't won it for me. The reason for that is that the seller didn't ship to my eBay primary shipping address, even though I have two secondary shipping addresses it could have shipped to just fine.. Rolling Eyes So please, just ignore shipping addresses and let Gixen do its work, or make it an option to disregard shipping addresses as alternative.

It's really frustrating to see items end up at half your max like that. Especially the second time it happened, since that item was a factory misprint and I probably won't ever see it for sale again.. Sad

Apart from that, keep up the great work with your service, and happy holidays.

Greetings, Kevin
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the way that bidding works on Ebay to change you'd need to persuade Ebay, it's not something Gixen has any influence over.

The only work around that I can suggest, using Gixen is to have separate Ebay accounts for each of your shipping addresses and have corresponding Gixen accounts for each that you use to bid on different things. Of course that only works if you know before the auction ends which shipping address your seller will accept bids for.

If you don't know then the only other way forward is to place low initial bids on the items in order to ascertain which will be accepted before you schedule the snipe.
mingogix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. My account is with ebay.com (20 years old when there was only one ebay) and I live in the Netherlands. Primary address Netherlands and secondary addresses in the US. Through Gixen my bid from a US seller was refused for the same reason as above.

On checking I found that on the Gixen entry page all my ebay site addresses entered as ebay.com/itm/1234567890 were changed by Gixen(?) to ebay.nl/itm/1234567890

Now the shipping addresses remain the same, but would this have made the difference for ebay?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay accounts are global, it doesn't really matter via which site you choose to set them up.

The link that Gixen provides on your snipes page is set by your selection of 'Your current country setting' on the Gixen settings page and as it says below that setting:

Quote:
Note: Country field determines to which country site ebay item links point to.

There is no other purpose of this setting. It is provided for convenience only.

The reason your bid was rejected by Ebay will be that the US seller chose to block bids from buyers with primary shipping addresses in the Netherlands, presumably because they do not wish to ship to that location. This is an option that Ebay provides to sellers on a listing by listing basis (though I imagine there is also a default they can choose) and as far as I am aware Ebay, in these circumstances, has never taken into account that there are secondary address(es) that the seller is willing to ship to.

As I responded above, if you want to change the way that Ebay handles bids, you are best appealing to them directly, since Gixen has very little influence on this type of functionality on the Ebay site.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.