Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ShopGoodwill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mymcd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: ShopGoodwill Reply with quote

Have you considered providing the same service for shopgoodwill.com?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see it isn't going to be worthwhile to develop a whole new process for that site, it doesn't have enough traffic at the moment.
rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Revisiting this subject. I dunno - the site sure isn't getting any smaller. It will never be an eBay but at the same time my 'rough addition' says there are over 100,000 items up for auction right now. That's not exactly small either.

And... I keep losing to last second snipes on ShopGoodwill. Sad So someone is doing it. I think EZSnipe is the only competition here - and it's never got out of beta for ShopGoodwill.

Would really like to see it happen at Gixen.
Juddeals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Seconded Reply with quote

I would love to see this as well!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Seconded

uluvsit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: I AGREE! let's snipe on shopgoodwill.com Reply with quote

Yes please - let's have sniping on shopgoodwill.com (please please please)
mint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: shill Reply with quote

I suggest not messing with shopgoodwill.com. I'm not so sure you can make the app fast enough to beat out the shill bidding on that site.
Chrispm84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do PC repair and reselling in my spare time to make extra money. There are a LOT of great deals on Shopgoodwill when it comes to electronics. I just spent an hour looking for a good sniper that would work with Shopgoodwill. Unfortunately all of them were either expensive or looked like they were untrustworthy. And I always get outbid in the last few minutes, unless I'm able to be at home and just staring at my monitor...

I instantly subscribed to your mirror service, because your service looks good and I don't mind supporting you. But, if you added in support for Shopgoodwill, even if it wasn't anywhere close to perfect, I'd be forever grateful. Maybe you could charge those of us that want it a little more for the effort? I wouldn't mind paying a little more.

I hope you reconsider. This addition would make Gixen perfect in my book. Thanks!
majaclk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Develop a Shopgoodwill sninping tool Reply with quote

You would be at the head of the class if you added Shopgoodwill to your sniping venues---it appears that whomever set up this site has outsmarted the sniping companies out there---they are in BETA testing and do not work!

This site appears to have a lot of traffic and it is growing!
dlynwild1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: ditto ...I'd support a Shopgoodwill sniper! Reply with quote

Adding my vote of support for this feature Idea
Deb
f0xhunt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely like shopgoodwill to be added. Right now, goodwill has an enormous listing. I think the traffic now warrants some development. It's comparable to smaller auction sites like gunbroker.

rafficestimate.com/shopgoodwill.com
majaclk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: shopgoodwill.com Reply with quote

Shopgoodwill.com would be a great addition to GIXEN.
Shogun

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump but I wanted to say I'd love support for goodwill as well. Its a pain knowing there are many items that get sniped at the last minute so I have to sit and wait before I can bit. At the very least it'd be nice to be able to schedule bids. The site has serious latency issues though so I don't know how reliable this would be.
mad_men_brands

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Snipe service here on GIXEN for shopgoodwill.com Reply with quote

Absolutely need gixen service for shopgoodwill.com RIGHT NOW...no getting around it. Gixen MUST get this done now. Totally necessary.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no plans to support shopgoodwill at this point. Simple research shows that they are nowhere close to 1% of ebay's traffic, and there is no API. Just the thought of dealing with web scraping again makes me very uncomfortable. Unfortunately the reality is that it takes a lot of customers to justify such an undertaking. We'll see how it goes, if it keeps growing maybe one day.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have changed my mind about this, bcuz ShopGoodwill doesn't seem to know what it wants to be when it grows up.

What I mean is: they do a lot of auctions on their own site of course - but some Goodwill stores now sell and auction a lot on eBay as well. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Goodwill completely changed over to having their individual locations operate only on eBay.

As it is, all ShopGoodwill is is just a main web site for individual Goodwill's to sell stuff. In other words it's duplicating the functionality of eBay, not adding anything new or better, and probably costing them a pile to operate their own auction site. Only Goodwill would know which one is the least costly option.

We'll see...

02¢

Rick
davethediver1968

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Shopgoodwill Reply with quote

After reading the response from Mario, I hesitated to post a reply. Then I thought that if I posted my request for the addition of Shopgoodwill to the GIXEN sniping, then it would show another person and the rolls would grow. Then, maybe . . . . .

Thank you,

Daivd
cbjbing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Shopgoodwill Reply with quote

I'd love to see it work for shopgoodwill. Just got outbid 2 minutes before the auction ended and something to help win an auction would be really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding another vote for shopgoodwill. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another vote for shop goodwill
Blagbox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Shopgoodwill has nowhere near 1% of the traffic of eBay the amount of people wishing to use it would in theory only be less than 1% of the current numbers of Gixen users.

Given that it would require Mario to produce new software would everybody who wants a Gixen for Shopgoodwill be willing to pay an annual subscription ONE HUNDRED or TWO HUNDRED times the cost of eBay Gixen?

No, I didn’t think so, or would you expect Mario to do all the work and provide you a free service so you can freeload as some of you no doubt are already doing with Gixen?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for SGW.

I would at least double or triple my yearly subscription fee for that additional functionality.

Anyways, thanks Mario, you are an absolute legend Smile
Thuggi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: ShopGoodwill Reply with quote

The 1% figure seems questionable. Goodwill is purely an auction site. Everything on there has a specific time period and the item sells when the auction closes. The vast majority of Ebay listings are buy it now with ridiculous prices no sane person would pay. It is rare nowdays to find a real auction listing on Ebay.
SavageLady

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Another vote for ShopGoodwill sniping tool Reply with quote

Hands up for another vote for ShopGoodwill. I love Gixen and have had a paid subscription for over 6 years now. ShopGoodwilll is picking up business, especially since the COVID Pandemic started (which is a good thing for the communities), and I’ve lost bids in the last 30 seconds, that I would have easily won a year or two ago.

So thumbs up for Gixen app for ShopGoodwill. Laughing[color=orange]
[/color]
BINSMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: SHOP GOODWILL - NEEDED ! Reply with quote

PLEASE ADD SNIPE SERVICE FOR GOODWILL -- Id pay $40-$60/YR

Both Goodwill Snipers & prices have rocketed upward in 2020 This Covid 2021 needs your Gixen Service

Which Auction sites have been succssful on Goodwill -- Im seeing 60-80% sniper Wins" -- Shill bidding looks to be less than 20% of that activity

Gixen ; Ive tried 7-9 competing Sniper services , all providing easy Ebay interface ; why not be the PREMIUM PROVIDER of Goodwill sniping?
billybob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely love support for shopgoodwill!
davo831

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: SHOPGOODWILL SHOPGOODWILL Bid Snipe with GIXEN Reply with quote

Please support Shopgoodwill.com. Depending on items much more value is to be found on Shopgoodwill.com. And I get sniped on almost every damn item I really want without putting in a much higher bid ceiling than reasonable! Gixen is great on eBay and I am loyal mirror customer. I would be even more loyal and pay even more to not always get f..ing sniped on Shopgoodwill.com!!!
Lsavage09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Gixen for ShopGoodwill Reply with quote

I second the comments from Dav0913, and others. Please look into Gixen for ShopGoodwill. I just lost a bid in the last 13 seconds of the auction. HELP PLEASE. Sad Sad
who

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got snipped on a valuable item in the last seconds, please add support for ShopGoodwill. I'm willing to pay money if this ever gets added in the future.
illtww

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Please add support for ShopGoodwill.com! Reply with quote

Please add support for ShopGoodwill.com!
warus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for ShopGoodwill.
Also a question, if we're getting sniped then who else is providing snipe service for SGW?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anyone has yet implemented an automated sniping solution for ShopGoodwill.

If people are getting out-sniped it's most likely from people manually entering late bids.
DrGigabyte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Shopgoodwill Reply with quote

There is a shopgoodwill sniper in the Microsoft (windows) Store.

Not very good reviews. I'm sure Gixen can do better.

Count me in if it happens.
GorillaG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: shopgoodwill.com Reply with quote

Shopgoodwill.com truly sucks, the reason you can't win there is because their shipping is obscene so people that live in whatever town the auction is in can afford to outbid everyone and pick it up locally. I seldom win there not because I'm sniped but it's just proxy bidding. Items usually go for super high prices and then add FedEx obscene shipping and you can buy it new usually cheaper. The only time I win is when no one else is interested. It used to be great bargains when no one knew about it but now it's crap.
onebadwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject: Goodwill Reply with quote

Captcha? Really? AND manually enter username? A little miffed. Logged in, tried to reply, but could not, as it wouldn't submit without my user name. I'd cut my text, intending to paste it back, but just lost a page of typing. What a user hateful forum. Here is a much less eloquent post.

mario wrote:
I have no plans to support shopgoodwill at this point. Simple research shows that they are nowhere close to 1% of ebay's traffic, and there is no API. Just the thought of dealing with web scraping again makes me very uncomfortable. Unfortunately the reality is that it takes a lot of customers to justify such an undertaking. We'll see how it goes, if it keeps growing maybe one day.

And I agreed with that. However, that was 5 years ago, eBay is on the decline, goodwill has exploded. New website, pleasr take another look, I need a sniping service for there, I'd like it to be Gixen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodwill Reply with quote

mario wrote:

And I agreed with that. However, that was 5 years ago, eBay is on the decline, goodwill has exploded. New website, please take another look, I need a sniping service for there, I'd like it to be Gixen.[/quote]

I'd pay $50 annually.
Runkster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject: ShopGoodwill.com in gixen Reply with quote

I would pay an extra fee for ShopGoodwill. Lately I prefer it over eBay
Allan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: ShopGoodwill Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
It's 2023. Obviously the new shopgoodwill site now has an API. Maybe, given your status in the sniping community, if you ask nicely…

THANK YOU! for Gixen.
LambertGix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject: ShopGoodwill Reply with quote

Well, I was/am very serious about supporting shopgoodwill.com as a Gix project
Serious about the hat, but will refrain from that or any attempts to bring levity.

A simple"One Vote for adding Shopgoodwill.com"

I had read the entire chain, and understand your position. And cannot fathom the effort it has taken and continues to take to maintain what you have created, and that in itself is more than enough.

These are wishes and dreams.

levity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.