Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Username password problem 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Username password problem 3 Reply with quote

OK, this is the 3rd time I've tried to post. I got rejected on the first post because of a word I used, the second post was rejected for another word. Here's the post with the underlines where the offending words were.

I apologize if this post appears twice. I tried to send it earlier but received a message that one word I used was on the sp_m prohibited list. So I don't know if the post went through or not. I did a page refresh, but the message wasn't there.

Anyway, my problem is that I always have to enter my username and password twice. The first time I get rejected, the second time it usually goes through. I know I'm not "f_t fingering" it because I'm aware of the problem and very carefully type in the information the first time, but it doesn't matter. I can never get through the first time.

Just wondered if that's a bug or if there's some workaround I can use?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,

Do you ever get similar problems when logging in directly to eBay?

Do you usually log in to eBay.com or one of the other national sites? If another national site could you try logging in to the .com site and see if it always lets you in first time?

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get logged in the first time to myebay.com unless I'm flying over the keyboard and "f_t finger" one of the pieces.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite unusual - Gixen does nothing different in subsequent logins. If you are able to log in at all, you should be able to log in at the very first try as well...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my thinking was also that, if there is a problem, it has to be related to eBay itself...

My thoughts were along the lines that perhaps for some reason eBay.com was taking a long time to retrieve this users details, then caching them for a short time so that when the second attempt comes in it retrieves them much faster.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting possibility. I can see how that could happen. Thanks for the idea. I'll just work with it. Gixen is too cool to stop using just for that minor issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.