Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Additional languages, pricing update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Additional languages, pricing update Reply with quote

It's been a while since I sent the last email to users.

Today, I want to share some news, both about the site and the pricing.

What is coming soon, likely in the next few months, is an automatically translated Gixen site to several languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. More languages may follow afterwards.

On the pricing issue, the price will go up, likely by 10% or so, more or less in line with (rampant) inflation. Unlike for everything else you buy, you can avoid a price hike with Gixen - users with paypal recurring subscriptions retain the original pricing for as long as that auto-renewing subscription is active. You get a better price, Gixen gets income stability in return. So, if you are not subscribed already, please consider subscribing to Gixen mirror today. It's still a fantastic deal at $6.53 / year.
Dkerlee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: I appreciate this service Reply with quote

I’m happy to sign up for that annual service. I think you did price it right. If I use the service more than once a year, that’s worth it. And I do shop more than that on eBay.
t2000kw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject: I don't know whre to set up auto renew with PayPal Reply with quote

Can you give directions on where to set up auto renewal with PayPal please?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't know whre to set up auto renew with PayPal Reply with quote

t2000kw wrote:
Can you give directions on where to set up auto renewal with PayPal please?

At the top of the page that comes up after pushing the 'Settings' button after logging into your Gixen account here.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't know whre to set up auto renew with PayPal

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added now to the settings page information about all present and past paypal subscriptions + history of all payments.

If you already have an active subscription, please don't subscribe again. In addition, any active subscription is almost certainly a better deal than creating a new one.
t2000kw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already found the place to set up auto renewal. I got charged the 2-year rate. Settings tells me I am OK to 2025 now. I think we're good. I didn't see your post until after I set up auto renewal.
t2000kw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, will the system wait until 2025 to auto-renew?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way the subscriptions work is that they are a push/send from Paypal, not a pull/request from Gixen.

So, if you sign up for a 2 year recurring subscription it happens every 2 years.

You say you are now good until 2025 so it sounds like you already had a years subscription outstanding that you previously paid for. The Settings page should now reflect that.

If that's correct, what I would expect is another payment to be made in June 2024 which will then extend your subscription to 2027. So you'd always stay that one year ahead of where you really need to be to keep a subscription active.

If that bothers you Mario is usually very happy to refund what you don't need, with a consequent reduction in the subscription period. Just email him the details at the support address given on the Contact page and I'm sure he'll sort that out for you.
t2000kw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I sent him a note.
JJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Renewal Reply with quote

If I sign up for the subscription does it allow me unlimited snipes? It said I hit my limit a month or two back with not very many snipes and quit using it. The site isn’t very clear, explaining that the subscription only offers backup mirror site snipes in case of failure, but not that if it will let me enter in more auctions or not. I’d be happy to subscribe if it doesn’t cap out my bids. Thank you
Mods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Auto renew freeze Reply with quote

Is the price freeze also valid for 2 year auto renewal? Thanks
loupgarou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject: Please, not AUTOMATIC translations! Reply with quote

Please, please, NOT an automatically translated Gixen site to several languages.
Automatic translation are awful. Ebay's forcedly translated auctions are unreadable.
As Gixen is more civilized than ebay, PLEASE, leave the possibility of NOT choosing a translation.
jeremy.towers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:49 am    Post subject: Excellent value for money Reply with quote

A subscription is excellent value for money. Every transaction I make pretty much pays for the whole year!

Regards

Jeremy
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Renewal Reply with quote

JJ wrote:
If I sign up for the subscription does it allow me unlimited snipes?

Yes, that is a benefit of a Mirror subscription.

I think the reason that it isn't explicitly stated as a benefit is that it's only relatively recently (a few years) since those without a subscription were restricted on the number of snipes they could set up.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Auto renew freeze Reply with quote

Mods wrote:
Is the price freeze also valid for 2 year auto renewal? Thanks

Yes, I think the price freeze applies to all recurring payments, so long as they remain active.
Shelley Schenk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Additional languages, pricing update Reply with quote

mario wrote:

What is coming soon, likely in the next few months, is an automatically translated Gixen site to several languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. More languages may follow afterwards.

On the pricing issue, the price will go up, likely by 10% or so, more or less in line with (rampant) inflation. Unlike for everything else you buy, you can avoid a price hike with Gixen - users with paypal recurring subscriptions retain the original pricing for as long as that auto-renewing subscription is active. You get a better price, Gixen gets income stability in return. So, if you are not subscribed already, please consider subscribing to Gixen mirror today. It's still a fantastic deal at $6.53 / year.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Please, not AUTOMATIC translations! Reply with quote

loupgarou wrote:
Please, please, NOT an automatically translated Gixen site to several languages.
Automatic translation are awful. Ebay's forcedly translated auctions are unreadable.
As Gixen is more civilized than ebay, PLEASE, leave the possibility of NOT choosing a translation.

No one is forcing you to use a translated site - it's not going to be translated based on geolocation, it's your own choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to change what paypal account I was using to pay for Gixen, so I went into my subscription settings and resubscribed using my new paypal account. Now I have 2 concurrent subscriptions under the same gixen profile. Is there any way to fix this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please email me and include your username.
vegean2003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Additional languages, pricing update Reply with quote

mario wrote:

forgestoat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Ebay subscription warning message Reply with quote

I have a warning message in red that my ebay authorisation is about to expire. If I follow to the linked page I can only set up Gixen renewal. I have auto Gixen renewal and my current subscription doesn't expire until August. I am not sure what to do. Gixen is fantastic , I have used it reliably for years and don't want to find out that I need to renew something by losing an auction.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The authorisation can be renewed in the second section of the settings page, below where you are looking which is about your subscription to the Mirror service.

This blog illustrates the process:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/
wolfleex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Additional languages, pricing update Reply with quote

How to upgrade from Gixen to Gixen Mirror? How to pay? How to upgrade. thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the link I posted just above yours, the options are all available at the top of the Settings page, payment is via Paypal.
biglmbass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: recurring membership Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 concurrent subscriptions under the same gixen profile. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm not sure how it happened, but this is the case for me. Sending you an email soon Mario.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal allows you to set up many at the same time, you can see all of them from within your Paypal account and can cancel any that you set up in error from there.

Any refunds required, to bring down your excess subscription time, will indeed need to be manually processed by Mario, so, as you suggest, please send the details to Mario direct, via email, and indicate how you would prefer it to be resolved.
lfowaytogo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject: Subscrition payments Reply with quote

Hi Mario and other others, just seeking clarification on this.

I've been a satisfied user for a few years, but I noticed the service has charged me twice recently, once on the 30th of March for $6.53USD and the most recent on the 8th of April for $6USD (I can supply screenshot of this via email as the forum wont allow me to add it as an attachment).

I understand one of those payments is for my yearly renewal, but why the other? I haven't used the service for any snipes in months.[/img]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Subscrition payments Reply with quote

lfowaytogo wrote:
... but I noticed the service has charged me twice recently

You subscribed twice. I canceled one paypal auto-renewing payment and issued 2 refunds for the recent payments, as you also double-paid a year ago.

You can see all the past payments and subscriptions on the Gixen settings page.
lfowaytogo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that, I hadn't even noticed the previous year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: