Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

2 failed snipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buylower2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: 2 failed snipes Reply with quote

The snipes are as follows :

This is not too bad because it is replaceable.

Now this really hurts because the highest bid is laughably low vs what I was ready to pay, and it is irreplaceable.

Other than these 2 examples, I would say Gixen has been very good. But given how close these 2 failures happened, I am now afraid of using Gixen. Maybe an explanation would help?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give these snipes, on both the Main and Mirror tabs, after the auction had completed ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
What status did Gixen give these snipes, on both the Main and Mirror tabs, after the auction had completed ?

Oh, just saw, unpaid item. Long story, seller with whom I had an arrangement saw fit to cancel items which I was waiting on to pay. Did he have to click unpaid item or just by the mere fact of cancelling it?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller had to select that you had not paid as the reason for cancelling the order in order to get their Ebay fees credited back.

That will have put a black mark on your account that any seller can use to deny you the ability to bid on their items. I think they can only select unpaid items in the past year though, so eventually the affect on you ability to buy does wear off.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
The seller had to select that you had not paid as the reason for cancelling the order in order to get their Ebay fees credited back.

That will have put a black mark on your account that any seller can use to deny you the ability to bid on their items. I think they can only select unpaid items in the past year though, so eventually the affect on you ability to buy does wear off.

Ok, that's brutal. Can eBay fix this? Story is, earlier shipment from him there was an item which did not fit what I bought. So we arranged to sell off & I was planning to use the funds to pay for all the outstanding items (item cost $75, more than enough for that). Anyways, it didn't sell, and he started cancelling without asking me. I will now return the item for refund & see how to fix this mess.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well it's certainly not anything Gixen can influence.

I guess it's possible for Ebay to revise it, but without the sellers permission to do so I think it's very unlikely and even with such cooperation there may not be any mechanism to remove Non Paying Bidder strikes against your account once they have been assigned. I've not heard of one.

You could try Ebay Customer Services to see if they have any suggestions as to how to proceed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.