Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"bid under asking price\" mirror?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: \"bid under asking price\" mirror? Reply with quote

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows what this means?

My Gixen snipe won in an auction (which appeared to be a standard auction - no reserve). But when I got the email results from Gixen, instead of main/mirror both saying "HIGH BIDDER" the mirror says "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE"

This is also the first time I didn't get an email from eBay telling me that I won - just the invoice.

Does anybody know what this might mean? Thank you!

# 265938563120[/img]
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is not a surprising result.

All that it means is that the Main server managed to get it's bid in first. Perhaps you even had a larger offset on that server ?

Both servers operate independently, trying to enter your bid at the offset you specify for it, but they are both trying to place the same value bid. In Ebay you can only enter the same bid amount once against any one auction with your Ebay id.

So, what happens when the bid has already been placed by one of the servers is that Ebay responds to the other that the bid being placed is rejected and would need to be higher to be acceptable, hence 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE'.

It's nothing to be concerned about and unrelated to any issues with Ebay sending out emails, that's probably more likely related to your seller automating their invoice generation via Ebay.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain! This was the first time I'd seen this result so I appreciate all the information.

Cupid wrote:
Yes, this is not a surprising result.

All that it means is that the Main server managed to get it's bid in first. Perhaps you even had a larger offset on that server ?

Both servers operate independently, trying to enter your bid at the offset you specify for it, but they are both trying to place the same value bid. In Ebay you can only enter the same bid amount once against any one auction with your Ebay id.

So, what happens when the bid has already been placed by one of the servers is that Ebay responds to the other that the bid being placed is rejected and would need to be higher to be acceptable, hence 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE'.

It's nothing to be concerned about and unrelated to any issues with Ebay sending out emails, that's probably more likely related to your seller automating their invoice generation via Ebay.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem; I agree that it's counter intuitive when you see it, which is why you're not the first and, no doubt, won't be the last to query this.

Hopefully this thread is also helpful, to all those others that wonder about this but never get around to asking about it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.