Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

(im dumb) newbie question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
looooool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: (im dumb) newbie question... Reply with quote

hello i wanted to ask how snipes work...
for example if i am already winning a bid at 67$, but i set gixen to snipe for 120$ will it still bid higher even if im already winning?
thanks for any further reply Surprised
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen will place the bid you ask it to at the offset of the snipe.

However, and I think probably the reason you asked the question (?), that doesn't mean you pay any more if you win since, on Ebay, so long as you use the same account, outbidding yourself does not increase the auction price.

That said, I wouldn't recommend placing early bids in general, but that's because it reveals your interest early and encourages other bidders to outbid you and potentially increase the price more than if you just enter one bid of your maximum, at the end of the auction.

On Ebay you'll only ever have to pay at most one bid increment more than a different bidder is prepared to bid before the auction ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.