Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What is needed Gixen if alter ebay address to USA was UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerographics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:25 am    Post subject: What is needed Gixen if alter ebay address to USA was UK Reply with quote

Hi,
Item I want to snipe is sale to USA only and have friend there willing to receive it. If I alter delivery address in ebay to his address what do I need to alter in Gixen and importantly where to browse, where are the settings what are the steps etc, to do so ?

Cheers

Aerographics
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: What is needed Gixen if alter ebay address to USA was UK Reply with quote

Aerographics wrote:
If I alter delivery address in ebay to his address what do I need to alter in Gixen

You have provided Gixen authorisation to place the bid via your Ebay account, in the second section of the Settings page. So, in theory, that should be enough for Ebay to then accept that your bid should not be rejected if the seller only ships to US addresses.

However, as a precaution in this case, I think I'd recommend placing a low test bid on the item manually, just so you know that your account is not still blocked by Ebay from doing so. But, of course, it's up to you whether you want to take the risk and rely on Ebay doing what we'd all expect.
Aerographics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I did a test snipe on something that as much as I and ebay could tell, was not for sending to beyond the USA, it worked. Ebay have no way to find a listing that is blocked to all but USA. It took ages but I found one.
If I were to sit at PC, and watch what happens on the important one, I have paid for Mirror, so set first to 8 secs and mirror to 7 secs.

I used to do manual bids 8 sec knowing that by time one had confirmed bid there was 1 sec left, scary, very risky, especially if it asks for password as ebaynow keeps doing on me.

What can I do to assist this works, place my same max bid manually at 9 secs or will that cause mess up with my snipe happening at 8 and 7 ?
Can one outbid oneself, no, but can system get a hiccup with two bids arriving perhaps in same second and then fail and I lose by doing so ?

Should I wait to 5 secs then if no sign of my bid try and get it in quickly, 5 secs probably will fail, or should I alter 7 and 8 to 9 and 10, but seeing it someone might bid again if they have time.

Aerographics
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay seems to cope well with multiple bids arriving from the same user at the same time, from different locations.

After all that is what happens here if you set your Main and Mirror offsets to be the same, and often you then see two bids from your account, but it doesn't increase the buying price and they don't interfere with each other in any way, which is what you'd hope and expect from Ebay.

However, I can't really see that your plan to back up a snipe with a manual bid is going to help, since if Ebay blocks the bid placed via Gixen it's also most probably going to block a manual bid too. You then won't have enough time to be able to change any of the aspects of your Ebay account that might affect that block in those last few seconds.

I agree it's very difficult to tell what Ebay is going to block, until you actually commit to making a bid. A few years back they gave a very good hint when you started to place a bid in a certain way, but they seem to have since fixed that because I haven't experienced it for a few years now, not that I do a huge amount of manual bidding, of course.

What I can say is that it's never been possible to tell, just by looking at an auction, whether Ebay will block your bid on it, sometimes you can't see any postage options set up for where you are, but the bid sails through without any issue and sometimes the seller even states within the auction that they will ship worldwide, but the bid still gets blocked.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.