Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous2022

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process Reply with quote

Item# 295294356996

I should have won this auction. My bid was for $376 but it was sold for only $313.88 I have already sent Mario an email regarding this. But, I forgot to add an additional point that I had won another listing of the same seller 9 minutes prior to this listings end. Both the main and mirror servers give the same error "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process". Why did this happen?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay does have glitches occasionally, particularly at busy times, like Sunday evening.

A few months ago I noticed the Ebay web site was being particularly temperamental, and at the same time won an auction via Gixen at a very low cost. I guess that was because manual bidders were having the same issues as I was with the Ebay site... so, it does seem to work both ways, but I'm sure we'd all generally prefer as much consistency from the Ebay servers as possible.
anonymous2022a

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: What should I do? Reply with quote

I'm having some high value items that I'll be bidding on and hoping to win. These items appear only once in a green moon. I don't want to miss like the above incident. What should I do? Do you suggest I bid manually for these hard to get items?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error that you encountered is rare. I see 10 of them in the last week, which may sound like a lot, but relative to 100,000 placed bids it's not.

I think it's unlikely you will see it again, but if an item is really irreplacable to you I will never tell you to rely solely on sniping. As you can see on this example, an issue can happen on eBay's side too, and when you snipe there is no time left to fix anything.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.