Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Hello there some info for a newbie :?:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexebaysnipe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Hello there some info for a newbie :?: Reply with quote

Hi there guys , I'm Alex a newbie that I found you few minutes ago , and I say why not ....let's give it a try. I don't use eBay that much - but now that I got new hobby with watches, I might want to buy few of them from eBay. I have few questions that as a lazy mf that I am is easier to write a post then to search on forum Smile.

In my settings tab, there are some settings regarding my current location: Your current country setting is: United States. ,
well I'm from Romania EU - I use ebay.com since there is no subdomain eBay site for Romania as for other countries from EU like France has .ebay.fr the main and mirror serv of my account are set to US

My question is :
=================================

1 . Do my mirrors change accordingly with the eBay country I chose from?
Ex if I chose eBay France ex - I get mirrors from France - I mean even so does it make any difference for bids?

what is the best offset for main and mirror ?- I don't know how much delay those proxies have , the idea is every second counts for my items - like i said I want to buy watches and for some of them there are a lot of bidders like over 30 - so I need to know since is my first time I'm using this what's the delay here, what's the best offset for main and mirror to work for with.

3. How do bid increments work with this tool ?

I know eBay has some bid increments depending on the actual higher bid. Ex : lets say the current bit is 70$ - it will end in 1 day - I assume the higher ending bid to win this will be between 120- 150$ - I will put in the my snipe list 146.5 - normally at this price the increments will be 2.5$ each(theoretically ) - so instead of 146.5$ - I should put 145 or 147.5$ - do this tool take my 146.5 as a 145 bid increment or I need to be exact the increment ?

Well that's it for now - hope you guys help me out with some answers , wish you all happy sniping , and a great weekend !

Kind regards , Alex
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There is no eBay Romania, as you noted, so your best bet is to leave the default, ebay.com. This makes almost no difference - it may only determine what ebay customer support you will deal with if there is an issue.

2. Opinions differ here. Some prefer as short as possible. My choice is always 8 seconds, as I want ebay bid increments to work in my favour against other snipers. But again, in practice this does not make much difference - it takes very specific circumstances that it does.

3. You cannot predict the steps of ebay increments - bid in some circumstance can go up for less than an increment. Just put in your maximum bid, and don't think too much about increments. It helps, however, that this amount is not a round figure. I always use, for example, 16.07 instead of 16.00.
Alexebaysnipe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mario for your advice , I will take it in consideration - have a
a good day , cya around !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.