Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe listing links don't all resolve to home ebay domain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulszym

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject: Snipe listing links don't all resolve to home ebay domain Reply with quote

Hi Keith/ Mario, et al.

I attempted a search for this problem, but couldn't find it (apologies if it's logged already).

I'm mainly bidding from the Australian ebay site (ebay.com.au), and am mainly using a recent Chrome browser (Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Win 11 Pro 64 21H2.

When on main/home_2.php viewing my snipe listings, the item number link correctly shows the AU domain (i.e. ebay.com.au/itm/<Item Number>?), as does the seller ID (ie myworld.ebay.com.au/<seller ID>/).

However, within the shipping and bid-count nested table (within the third <TD> set that gives the listing item name and seller ID), the links for "View Shipping information" and the Bid count are resolving to the main bay.com domain (eg ebay.com/itm/115594219323), not the domain for the listing itself (see item: 115594219323). So although they work, they're causing an unhelpful (and probably unintended) context switch.

Apologies again if this has already been logged.

Note - For me, it's not a critical bug, more an FYI to you on a usability issue.

Cheers,

Paul
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's been mentioned a couple of times:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10728

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10685
paulszym

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the assist Mark - appreciate your input.

Cupid wrote:
Yes, it's been mentioned a couple of times:

gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10728

gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10685

Neither of those threads are focused on the specific problem, which is probably why neither headline jumped out at me.
In the case of the first, it seems at best to make a tangential reference within the thread.

In the case of the second, I see you specifically mention the problem in your 1st reply on Jun 22nd:
Cupid wrote:
Personally I never use the 'View Item Description', 'View Shipping Information' and 'Bids:' links, but you are right they do still point to .com, that's a defect which should be fixed.

Unless that defect has been raised somewhere else in a bug tracking log or system, it might help Keith / Mario better from a queue management perspective to have the link resolution issue independently noted with a specific headline and more supporting details ... as per this thread?

If it has been logged and managed elsewhere, maybe this more specifically detailed post could be linked from there?

Thanks again,

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.