Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen \"NETWORK ERROR\", Missed bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venmendez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Gixen \"NETWORK ERROR\", Missed bid Reply with quote

eBay item id: 234855347385

I thought I won this item because the final bid on eBay was 209 and I have mine at 238 on Gixen. Unfortunately, my bid never went through and the status was "NETWORK ERROR".

This item was in a group with another item from the same seller ending simultaneously. The other item was over my $238 bid so I wouldn't have won that either way. The status for both items was "NETWORK ERROR".

Gixen did put in a successful bid for me just 3 hours prior for this item: 295469553070
I didn't win it, but my bid showed on the bid history and the status on Gixen was "OUTBID". I also used this service once a few years ago and won a laptop because of it.

It's quite sad to think that I could've won if just put a bid in manually. I already reached out to the seller if I can get the item for my supposed bid if the winner failed to follow through the transaction.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume this was not a mirrored snipe, so you only had the main server working to place the bid for you ?

FYI, items in groups do need to be finishing at least a couple of minutes apart for the servers to have time to react to the result of any earlier bids.
venmendez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it wasn't a mirrored snipe.

It was my bad then. I didn't know that items in a group should be minutes apart. Thank you for that info
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much doubt that the auctions ending simultaneously caused the issue, and. thinking about it, Grouped snipes are never Mirrored anyway, since snipes can not be reliably cancelled on a cross server basis when those servers must remain independent of one another.

However, making sure that auctions in groups finish at least a few minutes apart is something that everyone needs to be wary of, as otherwise it will cause other issues... like winning too many auctions, not too few.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

jlowry001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I had an HTTP Timeout (77) error on one listing and a Network error on another listing hours apart yesterday. Both of those listings sold for under my snipe price. I also won a snipe in between those two listings. Feels like there was either an eBay or Gixen server/network issue yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.