Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

error 281 when getting current pricing of items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: error 281 when getting current pricing of items Reply with quote

When I try to get status I get an error 281 when it tries to pull the information from pricing from eBay. The value shows as N/A. When I run wireshark the server response shows an error of either temporarily or permenently moved. This happens with all of my 38 items. It just started happening today.

I have tried replacing the SSL with OpenSSL and still get the same problem. eBay Item # 290597509884
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay made some changes, will release new version of GDM with a fix shortly.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and re-download GDM, the latest version is 1.2.5, it contains a fix. Same download link.

eBay made some changes (redirection) that then required a fix in GDM.
JefD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the version that I just downloaded. It looks like it has a new compile date and the file size has changed but the version said 1.2.4 and I get an outdated version popup.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking at the "About" box? Weird, it should say 1.2.5.
JefD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, had to delete all the old files and extract out the new files. Looks like it works great. Thanks for fixing that Mario!!! Great product.
hemmerichs68

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Issue with new 1.2.5 version - can't seem to download latest Reply with quote

Hi, would you be able to supply a new link for the 1.2.5 GDM version please? I had the same issue as your other users with prices not displaying (got n/a instead) - it stopped working yesterday and you wrote that you released a fix - when I try to log into GDM now it tells me to download the latest version. I deleted all my old files and have a separate folder for this, but when I click the original download link the 'modify dates' on the files don't have any very recent dates in them and when I download them and extract, I still get the same message asking me to download 1.2.5. Hope you can help - only downloaded GDM for the first time on 17 August and it worked great then, I was really impressed/pleased with it, so now I am desperate to have it back! Thanks a lot.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clear your browser cache - that must be the reason you are getting the old version again.
Watchmee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: error 281 when getting current pricing of items Reply with quote

Jefd wrote:
When I try to get status I get an error 281 when it tries to pull the information from pricing from eBay. The value shows as N/A. When I run wireshark the server response shows an error of either temporarily or permenently moved. This happens with all of my 38 items. It just started happening today.

I have tried replacing the SSL with OpenSSL and still get the same problem. eBay Item # 290597509884

Just downloaded the current GDM version (v.2.0.2) but I get the same error 281:

-- I can download my watch list from eBay without problem and the current high bid shows correctly;
-- adding max bid amount works fine too;
-- after a while GDM starts to "refresh" the prices and here is where I get the error. Message at the bottom shows quickly two msgs
* "Refreshing price for [eBay item#]" and then
* "error 281 for [eBay item#]".
-- At that time the High Bid amount for this item is replaced by 'N/A";
-- Only if I click on "Refresh Gixen Status" I can get back the current High Bids;

Any suggestions? (the web version doesn't have this problem and correctly reflects the latest High Bid)

TIA,
Alex
Watchmee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: error 281 when getting current pricing of items Reply with quote

Watchmee wrote:

Just downloaded the current GDM version (v.2.0.2) but I get the same error 281:

-- I can download my watch list from eBay without problem and the current high bid shows correctly;
-- adding max bid amount works fine too;
-- after a while GDM starts to "refresh" the prices and here is where I get the error. Message at the bottom shows quickly two msgs
* "Refreshing price for [eBay item#]" and then
* "error 281 for [eBay item#]".
-- At that time the High Bid amount for this item is replaced by 'N/A";
-- Only if I click on "Refresh Gixen Status" I can get back the current High Bids;

Any suggestions? (the web version doesn't have this problem and correctly reflects the latest High Bid)

TIA,
Alex

Looks like the new GDM v.2.1.0 addressed the error 281 and the High Bid values are not replaced by 'N/A'.

Thank you for the fix, Mario! Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.