Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Don’t cancel the 3rd contingency bid if the 2nd bid loses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Don’t cancel the 3rd contingency bid if the 2nd bid loses Reply with quote

Hey,

Cupid said in this support thread that if you have the following contingency bids setup:

Item 1: wins
Item 2: loses
Item 3: scheduled

Then the bid for item 3 will be cancelled.

Is there any way you could implement a new group for “single contingency bid” please? This would mean that the bid for item 3 would still go ahead if item 1 wins but item 2 loses.

Thanks a lot!
Danny
Danny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhhhhhh… when you insert a link it tells you that h t t p s is blocked for being spam. Changing it to h t t p doesn’t help. Now there’s a nice broken link in my post Razz
Danny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another scenario for “single contingency”:

Item 1: wins
Item 2: wins
Item 3: wins
Item 4: loses
Item 5: bid should still go ahead, since the “single contingency” (the first bid) won
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
broken link

I fixed that for you.

My view (in agreement with you) is that this type of group should, most usefully, be implemented as:

The first auction determines whether all the rest are bid on or not. So, if the first is lost all the rest are cancelled (as now) but if the first is won all the rest are scheduled as if they were no longer part of a group at all.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject:

Danny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Danny wrote:
broken link

I fixed that for you.

My view (in agreement with you) is that this type of group should, most usefully, be implemented as:

The first auction determines whether all the rest are bid on or not. So, if the first is lost all the rest are cancelled (as now) but if the first is won all the rest are scheduled as if they were no longer part of a group at all.

That would be perfect Smile thanks for the edit too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.