Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why didn't I win?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sekzsniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Why didn't I win? Reply with quote

I attempted to bid on the same product twice and lost both. For the first, I bid $1 higher than the current highest bid and didn't win it so for the 2nd, I bid $2 higher than the current highest bid and still didn't win it.

Am I not understanding how Gixen works?

I need help so that on the next bid for the same product, I win it!

First item # is 404122610992
Second item # is 134427518891

My ebay bid name is sekzman

Thank you in advance for your help.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite understanding what amount you entered as the maximum that you were willing to pay for those auctions ?

Are you aware that Ebay will only accept bids that are at least one bid increment more than the auction price at the time you want the bid placed ?

If you are getting a status of 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE', once the auction has completed, that's an indication that your bid wasn't high enough to be accepted by Ebay.

If that's not the status you are getting please can you provide more details ?

There can never be any guarantee of winning items at the price you would like to pay. On Ebay the highest accepted bid will always win. For that to be your bid you have to be prepared to enter one that is more than anyone else has already decided to bid.
sekzsniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Why didn't I win? Reply with quote

I did not receive the message below for either bid.
BID UNDER ASKING PRICE

I am currently using the FREE version of Gixen.

For item: 404122610992
Highest bid showing on ebay was $51.
I bid $52 via Gixen
High bidder won with $53
Does this simply mean they used Gixen or similar and bid within one or two seconds prior to the bid time?

For item: 134427518891

Highest bid showing on ebay was $36.
I bid $38 via Gixen
High bidder won with $39
Does this simply mean they used Gixen or similar and bid within one or two seconds prior to the bid time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked in the snipe area after lagging in here, that is where the status is posted after the auction completed. I imagine it is 'OUTBID' for these snipes ? That's always the best indication as to what the outcome of Gixen placing the bid was.

On 404122610992 the price was pushed up to $53 by the $52 bid that was placed at the end of the auction from an Ebay account with 10 feedback (is that your account?), so it was outbid by a higher bid that had already been placed much earlier.

On 134427518891 the price was pushed up to US $39.00 by the US $38.00 bid that was placed at the end of the auction from an Ebay account with 10 feedback (presumably that is you again ?). It was also outbid by a higher bid that had already been placed much earlier.

So, what this means is other bidders had already placed bids higher than yours. On Ebay the current auction price is just one bid increment higher than the next highest bid, the true maximum bid, already placed, might be a lot more than that. This is how Ebay always works.

As I said, you can't win an auction where someone else has already bid more than you are prepared to pay.

If they sold for less than you were willing to pay, then you need to increase your bid amount to the maximum that you are willing to pay, that's always my advice when scheduling snipes... indeed that should be the case when placing any bid on Ebay but it's even more significant when scheduling bids to be placed later, as you are with any sniping tool.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.