Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomsteiner1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

Within the last few days I started receiving the following message "AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED" on some of the snipes placed and thus the snipe was not placed and obviously lost the auction item.

The items do have "May not ship to the United States"in the listing but ebay did allow me to bid on that item. ALL of my snipes are based on items I have already placed bids on directly in eBay. I assume this message is what is driving the message and non-execution of the snipe. Previous to this I have sniped such items successfully.

I have, in my 15+ years on eBay, never had a seller refuse to send me an item won that had this "restriction" listed (typically several each month).

Is this a issue sending the snipe to eBay? A restriction you have put in place on your own?

Can this be undone?

Or at a minimum don't accept the snipe submission displaying that message (e.g. like "item already present" is displayed or highlight the snipe in a color (say blue) when a snipe is listed in the snipe list to notify me that it will not be placed so I know to go back to the "manual snipe" as the auction ends.

As stated earlier, I only place snipes based on my bid listing of items I already placed bids on in eBay so I know eBay accepts a bid from my id and, also, I do not have the listing open to see the seller message restriction.

Thanks for reviewing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description of being able to bid manually, direct in the Ebay site, but also having your snipe bids blocked with this message, this does sound like something has changed, most likely on the Ebay side.

If that is the case it should be something that Mario can investigate internally, so to make sure he is aware of it, please can you email him a link to this post at the support address provided on the contact page. Please include your Gixen id in all correspondence.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please email me examples of this?

I am (specifically) looking for examples of auctions where you were able to place a manual bid, yet Gixen's bid was declined by eBay for whatever restriction (shipping or other).
n0rque

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just now lost my second auction due to this error. There is a message from Ebay that the seller may not ship to my location, but bidding was possible from the website. I also contacted the seller if bidding was okay for me and if he'd be willing to ship to my location if I won, which makes me look like an extra idiot now for not even attempting to bid and wasting his time. Auction # for the last auction was 115964457678. No idea if I would've won, but my Gixen bid was higher than the closing bid on the auction.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:12 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mario mentioned in the post before yours, in order for him to pursue this with Ebay, because it's on their side that the bids get rejected, he really needs some evidence that the Ebay site will accept bids that are subsequently rejected on thise bids placed via Gixen.

So, in order to facilitate that, maybe as a first step when you find an auction where Ebay says that they may not ship to your location, you could try placing a low opening bid before scheduling the snipe with Gixen. That way we stand some hope of tracking down what is going on in these cases with the Ebay software in the long run. If anyone can demonstrate that scenario with an auction please email the details direct to Mario at the support address given on the Contact page.

Also as a consequence of that strategy, if anyone finds a block presented by Ebay while trying to place that initial opening bid, that they are able to overcome, it would be useful to also discuss how they overcame that blockage here as it could then help others to be able to remove similar blocks on their own Ebay accounts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.