Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Am I bidding against myself?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJinArlington

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject: Am I bidding against myself? Reply with quote

I have a max bid on an ebay auction of $100. The current auction has been bid up to $80, with me still in the lead.

I also have a Gixen snipe of $300 on the auction. If no one else bids till the end, will Gixen/eBay bid over my own $100 max or will it realize I'm the same bidder and I'll win the auction at the current $80 bid?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are talking about is an Ebay function, not a Gixen one, much like the whole automatic bidding system on Ebay.

So, what happens in this case is Gixen places the bid, however Ebay does not raise the price as a result of you placing a higher bid via the same Ebay id.

The only way to outbid yourself, in the way you are worried about, with the price actually rising, is to have more than one Ebay account and bid on the same auction with more than one of them.

Of course, this is the optimum behaviour, because no matter how late Gixen submits the bid there could be another one placed, by another user, that is even later, so leaving this for Ebay to sort out while ensuring your absolute maximum bid is registered with Ebay is the best outcome possible.
AJinArlington

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: RE: Am I bidding against myself? Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedy reply Mark and apologies for my likely duplicate question.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, we do get a lot of repetition here, but it's a bit of a challenge to try to answer them in a unique way each time.

It's hard to know what to search for to get the answer too, so the more repetition the more likely it is that others will also benefit from the answers being repeated in a slightly different way each time, so hopefully not just of benefit the one that supplies the question.

Best of luck with your future snipes. I don't generally recommend placing early bids though.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.