Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Ebay normal bidding pre-pay info now required before biddin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letsrock2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: Ebay normal bidding pre-pay info now required before biddin Reply with quote

I started to place a normal bid on an item and eBay stopped me requiring my payment info up front. There is no way around this and I could not proceed with a bid. I am not in favor of this because I am big on getting combined shipping discounts, etc especially now that sales tax is being collected.

How is this going to effect sniping? At some point the bid will be stopped and the pre-payment screen will need to be addressed thus losing the auction.
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that eBay are bringing this in (they are also doing it when you make an Offer on an item with Offers enabled) to try to reduce the number of people who win auctions and then do not pay. On some of the eBay forums, there are sellers complaining that this is becoming very common.

Not sure how it will interact with sniping applications, though. It might be a one-off (i.e. you would confirm your payment details to eBay once, and confirm that they can use that payment method for any auctions that you win in the future?)
letsrock2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Ebay normal bidding pre-pay info Reply with quote

Yes, once you give into the ebay iron fist, they remember your payment info. I dont want to be forced to do this. We lose shipping discounts, non refundable sales tax refunds all because a handful of non payers make trouble. And even if you don't, it is a lot of extra follow up to sellers to make all these arrangements.

In any case, it's just a heads up to the group. Someone will lose an auction over this and find out the hard way.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.B. Gixen does not use the website interface to submit your bids.

That is why it just needs your permission to place bids, not your password.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Ramona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay normal bidding pre-pay info Reply with quote

letsrock2 wrote:
...all because a handful of non payers make trouble.

I understand that it has become a lot more than a "handful", and is a significant issue for some sellers, which is why eBay is implementing it. Those sellers then need to re-list the item, possibly losing listing discounts, etc.

As primarily a buyer on eBay, I've no problem with this - I'd never place a bid/snipe/offer on an item without expecting to pay for it if I win. I do take your point about losing shipping discounts, tax refunds, etc, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.