Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Account unlinked from Gixen right before auction end

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassFace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Account unlinked from Gixen right before auction end Reply with quote

Let me preface this by saying Gixen is amazing and I appreciate it greatly.

I setup a snipe several days ago. About 30 min before the auction end, I logged into Gixen to check everything. I even adjusted my maximum bid. All good. Then I went out to do some work. When I came back I had several emails from Gixen. One was an auction end notice with the status "INVALID AUTHORIZATION". The other 2 emails were telling my my account is unlinked from Gixen.

It seems extremely unlikely but is it possible the authorization expired right before the end of this auction? What are the odds of that? Usually there is some kind of warning in RED that the authorization will expire in X days.

I have re-linked the account but is there any way to figure out why/how the account was unlinked?

Very frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had you done anything with respect to your credentials on Ebay ? e.g update password or userneme.

If so that will generally get the authorisation revoked by them, and Gixen does not receive notification of it, so it is then only aware once it tries to use the authorisation that you provided.

One way to check it from the Gixen side, without waiting for a snipe to execute, is to use the import Watch list feature ('IMPORT WL' button in the desktop web interface), since that uses the authorisation, and if it does not work that's an indicator that there's an issue with your authorisation.

If in doubt you should also be able to check on the authorisation on the Ebay side under:

My eBay->Account (tab)->Sign-in and security->Third-party app access->View (link)

and from there you can also revoke that authorisation, but again if you do that I'm not sure Gixen is informed, I suspect not and perhaps rightly so in that case.
BassFace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. That is helpful.

I hadn't made any changes to my ebay credentials. When the auction ended, I had a tab with the ebay listing and a tab with my gixen snipes open.

Fortunately, no one else bid and the seller was willing to sell the item for the price it would have sold for had the bid completed successfully. No harm done.

Now that I know this is a potential issue I'll check from time to time to make sure the link is still good. It still seems very strange how this happened.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.