Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Reserve not met

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashharry4444

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Reserve not met Reply with quote

Hi,

I placed a bid of what I thought would be above the reserve price (> ÂGBP 50; larger than the buy it now price hoping the reserve would be lower) but the bidding finished lower at ÂGBP 37.85 and the reserve was not met.

I thought Gixen would continue bidding until the reserve was met, or my bid limit was reached.

Any help or suggestion how Gixen works in this case would be greatly appreciated.

Item number: 374928424686
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so first please read this thread regarding Gixens' handling of bids above the Buy It Now price.

A seller can choose a reserve amount at the BIN price, it's not usual but not unheard of.

So, unfortunately, you bidding above the buy it now price does not mean that you automatically buy it if you are the highest bidder.

What will have happened is that your first bid is rejected by Ebay, Gixen will then have placed bid of 49.99, which though accepted was still below the reserve.

The way Ebay works is that it only displays your bid as at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder, so that's why it's only displaying ÂGBP 37.85.

I don't think Gixen, as a sniping tool, could have done any more than that, really.

I'd recommend contacting the seller to see if they are willing to relist it, and since you now know they won't take less than ÂGBP 50, just buy it from them for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.