Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

UNKNOWN ERROR (3)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clueless in Seattle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (3) Reply with quote

This afternoon I placed three bids on Gixen.com for auctions which were going to end in about an hour and a half. Two of the items had no bids at all so I expected to win them with the minimum starting bid.

When I checked back a few minutes ago I found that all three bids were marked "UNKNOWN ERROR (3)" in the Status column.

When I click on the "View Error" button I get this message:

"Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support."

Any idea what went wrong?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless" Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, this may be a Gixen bug.

I just checked the log, the response Gixen got from ebay is a "bad http request". I do see something I haven't accounted for, and that is some blank space in your username. Were you able to register a username at ebay with blank? Or is that some other special character?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my eBay i.d. is Clueless.in.Seattle.

When I used Gixen.com a month or so ago I had it set up to automatically log me in to my eBay i.d. And it worked fine. I won a lot of cool stuff on eBay.

But today I think I may have absentmindedly typed in "clueless in seattle" with spaces instead of periods. But if I did, how is it that gixen.com recognized me? Isn't that weird?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
But today I think I may have absentmindedly typed in "clueless in seattle" with spaces instead of periods. But if I did, how is it that gixen.com recognized me? Isn't that weird?

I would think so too - and after looking into it I found that you can log in to ebay too with as many white spaces as you wish. The problem is - ebay then strips these in the rest of the flow, and Gixen didn't. The only white spaces Gixen strips at the moment are before and after the username.

Now when I know about this - I'll fix it so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. I can't do anything about your lost bids though Sad, I hope it's something you can find again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this issue is fixed now. Hopefully I didn't break anything else.

Sorry again and thank you for the report.

P.S. You won't be able to see the old snipes anymore, as that's considered a different username now (the one with a blank).
DrBenway

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Unknown Error Reply with quote

mario wrote:
OK, this issue is fixed now. Hopefully I didn't break anything else.

Sorry again and thank you for the report.

P.S. You won't be able to see the old snipes anymore, as that's considered a different username now (the one with a blank).

Hello, I just got an "Unknown Error". I had a winning bid pending. Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DrBenway, here is the error message Gixen received from ebay (you should have a link to download this ebay page couple of hours after auction ends):

---
Attention Buyer

To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the amount of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time.

You can increase the activity limits on your account by taking one or more of the following actions:

1. Sign Up For PayPal

Registration is free and you do not have to pay with PayPal.

PayPal is the best way to pay for your purchases on eBay and offers $1000 in buyer protection.
Existing PayPal account holders can click here to link their account.

2. Verify using a Credit Card
Process is immediate and your card will not be charged.
Important: only available for Visa Credit and Mastercard.

Learn more about eBay's buying activity limits.

Note: Some users may need to wait a few minutes for our systems to update before they can bid again. Thank you for your patience.
{e17795-169978-10006185}
DrBenway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Unknown Error Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into it. Very strange though because I already have a paypal account. I did, however, place a 5K bid just a few minutes before the one that was rejected.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Error Reply with quote

DrBenway wrote:
Very strange though because I already have a paypal account.

Have you linked it to this eBay account though?

If not eBay wouldn't know about it, it is done by logging on to eBay and then setting it up under 'My Account'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.