Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Keep getting logged out of Gixen when I submit a bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject: Keep getting logged out of Gixen when I submit a bid Reply with quote

Whenever I submit a snipe bid using the \"Add to Gixen\" button on an auction page, I get logged out of my Gixen account. The bid goes through, but when I go to my Gixen account to confirm, I have to log in again. Before, I stayed logged in to my account indefinitely.

This has been occurring for about a week now.

I am using a PC with Windows 10 Pro and Firefox browser.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely related to the upgrade to PHP 8 as currently under discussion on this thread:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11077

since similar occurrences seem to have happened due to that.

That said I have not personally discovered any more instances since the first one mentioned on that thread.

Do yo have examples of specific auctions which cause this issue for you?... If it truly is all of them for you, perhaps it's related to your specific Gixen account, is the id for that 'gmann' ?

Last edited by Cupid on Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply.

This happens for all auctions since the issue started occurring about a week (or less) ago.

Yes, my Gixen account ID is gmann.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well this isn't happening for all items, for all users, so since a few odd things have occurred since Mario upgraded the infrastructure of he web interface, so he's especially interested in sorting such issues out at present, it's probably best that you contact Mario direct at the support address given on the Contact page.

Please make sure to include your Gixen id and explain that it does not make a difference which item you choose to add via that id.

The good news is that if you're getting them into the database they will be executed just like anyone else's snipes since the sniping engine is a completely different piece of software from the various interfaces that can be used to add snipes that runs independently on the Gixen servers.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject:

gmann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some images that might better illustrate what's going on: [Removed by Admin]

1. Shows what the \\\"Add to Gixen\\\" popup window looks like before placing a bid.

2. Shows what the \\\"Add to Gixen\\\" popup window looks like AFTER placing a bid. Notice the window doesn't fully load the confirmation image (slightly greyed out).

3. Shows my Gixen account bids page immediately afterwards when the page logs out after pressing the \\\"refresh\\\" button. If this doesn't help I will send an email directly to Mario.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed that link, because it has your credentials in it.

I'll send it to Mario, via email, so that he has it.

It might be an idea to now change your Gixen id password, as posting that on a public forum may have compromised that which might then enable others to place snipes on your behalf.

Yes, I had not grasped, until now, that this is an interaction between the browser extension and the website, though I acknowledge that is quite explicit in your opening post on this thread when read carefully.

How does it perform for you if you just log in here and use the web interface without the Firefox extension ?... I assume there's no issues using it that way ?
gmann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for catching that! I have reset my Gixen password. Also, thanks for forwarding it to Mario.

No issues using the web interface, just the browser extension.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem with Autosnipe is fixed now, I believe.

There is another minor problem with session not being used when navigating through Gixen menus. Not a big problem, but working on it nevertheless.
gmann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I am still getting the same issue, being logged out of my account after placing a bid with autosnipe.

FYI, I have reset my password, and cleared all cookies & cache.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.