Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

where do I plug in the password reset code sent to my email

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject: where do I plug in the password reset code sent to my email Reply with quote

where do I plug in the password reset code sent to my email?
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: oh man Reply with quote

(It is not an active link in my email)

Please help. I think I have only one Given account, but several associated emails? My reset code and user name was sent by Given to two of my emails, according to the reset code email I received.

I am clueless how to login to see which account has just made a recurring subscription, since the Thank You For Your Payment email does not identify the account it was made for. It just says thanks for the payment.
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: please can someone from Gixen provide me an active link ? Reply with quote

Please, could Gixen provide an active link in the password reset email that will take me to wherever it is to be used?

I am stymied. I can't find where to plug in that long reset code sent to my email.

I tried it in the password field. No joy.

The forgot your password? link just generates another reset code to my email - but still without an active link to navigate back to where it needs to be plugged in.

Please, can anyone who sees this give me the link to where one is supposed to plug in the reset code sent to your email?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a list of Gixen ids associated with an email address using:

https://www.gixen.com/forgotusername.php

As far as I am aware there is only one email address associated with each Gixen account.

When you request a code using:

https://www.gixen.com/forgotpassword.php

doesn't it redirect you to a a page where you can enter the code that was sent ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject:

jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject: Not sure Reply with quote

Hello, Cupid.

Thank you, I have one email for a password reset code that states it was generated to two separate emails of mine. I don't understand how that can happen.

Plus, the reset code is very long and the email does not provide an active link to use it.
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject: Email with reset code has no active link back to Gixen Reply with quote

Hello again, Cupid.

Short answer, no. No active link is in the reset code email (generated simultaneously to two of my email accounts) that leads back to Gixen for the code to be used.

I tried copying the code out if the email sent to me, and going to the Gixen site to login with it as the password.

It fails as a login. It does not take me to another screen for entering a newly chosen password. So how does one use the reset code?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Email with reset code has no active link back to Gixen Reply with quote

Quote:
jujusarmory wrote:
No active link is in the reset code email

Can I refer you back to the question that I actually asked:

Quote:
Cupid wrote:
When you request a code using:

https://www.gixen.com/forgotpassword.php

doesn't it redirect you to a a page where you can enter the code that was sent ?

jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

Hello Cupid,

No. It does not. No new screen. No new page. No navigation to plug in the reset code or select new password. My emails are highlighted in blue, and act as links to other platforms. But not to Gixen.

I apologize my previous answer wasn't clearer.

Thanks for any help with this.
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

The link you provided here in the forum worked. I don't know why it didn't work before when I tried it, but it worked now to bring me to select new password screen. It would not do it before. Operator error? Artifact of my browser interface? Slow net connection on my end?

Thank you, Cupid, you fixed me up, I am now GTG for new password.
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: uh oh Reply with quote

Well, I thought it was working. I entered new password along with the reset code. Then I tried logging in using the new password.

Failure. Not recognized. Not a match.
jujusarmory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject: I will try your link again in a little bit? Reply with quote

Maybe it requires me to wait for the new password to become effective?

I have to go to work now. I will check back again for any replies, after I try the link again in a little while, hope it works for me.

I hope I'm not doing it wrong. Thank you for any corrections.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well it sounds like you are on the right track, even if not quite there yet.

If you can't resolve it from here, please email Mario direct at the support address provided on the Contact page, and include details of which Gixen id you are trying to reset the password for, what actions you've already taken and what the outcome of them was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.