Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Out-bid Price & Data Incorrect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamjat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Out-bid Price & Data Incorrect Reply with quote

Hi,
I placed a snipe on an item, eBay No. 115997772411, to end at 19:00 GMT on 10th Dec, but was out-bid and received an email at 20:10 GMT on 9th Dec. from Gixen that told me so.
Gixen and the email state that the winning bid was for ?GBP 21.00, even though it was the only bid, and the starting bid was ?GBP 0.99 .
The listing states that the winning bid was actually for ?GBP 12.99 as a \"Buy it now\" at 12:35 GMT on 9th Dec.
I find no evidence that supports the info Gixen has for the winning bid of ?GBP 21.00. Also, Gixen's out-bid email was sent to me 7 hours 35 mins after the event.
How can this be?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are correct this item was sold via the 'Buy It Now' option that the seller provided, in addition to the auction in which you were participating.

Gixen does not monitor auctions in real time, the process involves revisiting all the auctions for which snipes are set on a periodic basis. This is most likely the reason why the notification cams so long after the auction actually was ended by use of the 'Buy It Now' option.

The reporting of the price being incorrect, I agree seems off, that needs looking into, it may be related to the interface that Gixen uses to get the auction prices from the Ebay servers. Of course the end price, in this case, is not an auction price, so what's been requested may be somewhat random since it's of no significance to the actual sale that occurred. Fortunately this defect in no way changes the outcome for you as a Gixen user, since as soon as it was sold you were no longer able to purchase that item, by any means.

Going forward, it's often recommended to place a small starting bid on items that also offer a Buy It Now option because, in certain circumstances the placing of that initial bid also removes the Buy It Now option for all Ebay users and therefore avoids situations like this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.