Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

just lost bid and item sold for less

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcramming

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject: just lost bid and item sold for less Reply with quote

Ebay item number: 235333107864

I set my max price at 97 and the item sold for $48 when the bidding ended, I'm not even sure I bid anything. This is my first time using gixen, I don't understand the bidding history and I'm not sure where to check the status of the bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status that Gixen gave the snipe after the auction had completed ?

It is on the snipes page after you have logged in here via the web interface, in the 'Status' column, third from the right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:59 am    Post subject: 235333107864 Reply with quote

It doesnt appear in my Gixen My Snipes Gixen Main - Chicago page anymore, I paid for the mirror subscription in order to look at the history and when i check history it says ENDED

I also looked at my settings to make sure I was connected to the right ebay account and I am.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you edit it after you first entered the snipe, or was it just entered once and then left to run its course ?

If you don't delete it or push the 'PURGE OLD' button, it is supposed to stay on your snipes page for about three days after the auction completes, and that one ended only about 14 hours ago... So, if you didn't delete it after that auction completed it's an indication it maybe wasn't a scheduled snipe at the time that the auction ended, that is, as if you deleted it before the auction ended.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did edit my max bid after I first entered the snipe, but I did not delete it. After I edited my max bid I let it run its course. I also did not push the purge old button. Are we allowed to edit our max bids? Or should I delete the entry entirely and then resubmit with the max bid that I want?
outcramming

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have so many questions, I am currently also trying for 116005908830 and I went through the same process of editing the snipe as I did with the item that ended (clicked Edit on the right, entered in new max bid number, and then clicked Modify). Will this go through correctly?

And second, can you help me understand what is happening in my history for the item 235333107864? I checked and I am not sure how to attach an image but it says three entries, 80, then 100, then 90 in chronological order even though I kept my max bid at 97 (I think I modify it from 97 to 87, if that is the edit you are talking about). Why are these entries appearing in my history if the snipe did not even schedule? [/img]
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
outcramming wrote:
Are we allowed to edit our max bids?

Yes, of course you are. The reason I asked though is that doing so adds a record to the History, so it's quite likely to be why you now have a record there with just an 'ENDED' status, which might well just relate to that edit, and not to the eventual outcome of the snipe.

Quote:
outcramming wrote:
Will this go through correctly?

Should do, yes, is the snipe now present on the snipes page with a 'SCHEDULED' status ?

What is the status of all those History entries? As I say, modifying your snipe creates more History records, so only the last one relates to the actual snipe that happened at the end of the auction, the ones before that with an ENDED status probably just relate to the previous states, as you were changing the bid amount, sounds like you did that twice.

You didn't make any modifications within 2 minutes of the auction ending, did you ? Because, if you did, that would also explain why Gixen did not place a bid on your behalf, it needs time after you modify anything to go thorough the whole process of submitting a bid, that's never an instantaneous process. If the last History entry has 'ENDED' as its status as well, I would suspect that you edited too close to the auction end and Gixen didn't have time to catch up with what you wanted, so it was equivalent to deleting the snipe.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is present in the snipes page, thanks for being patient with me. For the other item, I don't remember if I changed it within 2 minutes but maybe I did on the iphone app and that was the reason the snipe didnt go through, I can't really think of anything else I did. All of the history related to item 235333107864 say ENDED as the status.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
outcramming wrote:
All of the history related to item 235333107864 say ENDED as the status.

OK, then yes, as I've just updated my previous post to say, that's an indication that you edited the snipe too late.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your quick responses!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, good luck with what you've got scheduled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.