Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Feature Request - Special Group Bid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacigixen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject: Feature Request - Special Group Bid Reply with quote

hi,
i often find myself in bid situations where the same seller has multiple items of interest, however typically due to prohibitive shipping cost for a single item - let's say if I win one item shipping will be 17 USD, but if I win 4 items, combined shipping will be 25 USD, thats only 6.25 USD / item, huge difference, and a real world scenario, cause shipping increases degressively.
so what I have in mind is similar to the current contingency bidding, but with some extras, and I was thinking of 2 variants here.

version A: you can define the number of lost bids, before all pending snipes in the group are cancelled
to give you a real world example, let's pretend my seller has 5 items, with identical shipping cost per item (this is typical for action figures for example), i lose the first 3 items, and then i know the shipping cost per item for the remaining 2 would be higher, than i would be willing to spend, so i normally would not want to be bidding on the remaining 2 items.
this is the version I think a lot of buyers could make use of, especially for low item, high shipping cost items scenarios from the same seller.

version B: you can mark the bids in your group, which will be your primary bids. and then you can also define how many lost marked bids should result in cancelling all pending snipes in the group.
this scenario is of course more rare than what is described in Version A, but personally I could still put it to good use, even if not that often.

thanks for your consideration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.