Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

what does this message mean

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christine154

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: what does this message mean Reply with quote

hi every time i try to use gixen i keep getting this message and it wont list the item .any ideas ?
Failed to open session, another active request by the same user. Please try again in couple of minutes.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've got this message many times myself this afternoon/evening.

It is a feature designed to prevent denial of service attacks, however at times of high load, like Sunday evenings it does seem to happen more often to users just performing normal activities on the snipe page.

Hopefully greater capacity on the web server will help to alleviate this in future. In the mean time, I know its frustrating (it has been for me too) but if you keep trying you can get things done eventually.

It would also probably help to set up snipes at a different time, say on a Saturday for Sunday snipes.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will no longer see these. The front-end server has been upgraded, and I removed these checks. I intend to add more servers if needed in the future, and use dns for load balancing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.