Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Down

View previous topic :: View next topic  
majesticcard

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Gixen Down Reply with quote

I didn't see any announcement or post in the forum, so I just wanted the support team to know that Gixen.com was down earlier today (shortly after noon, CST). Attempting to visit the website mostly timed out - sometimes I was able to load the masthead, but not actually the full website (or any other sections of the site). API access also failed.

I can confirm it wasn't purely on my end, isitdownrightnow.com also had issues (they last reported it down about 6 hours ago, which was a bit after I attempted to use it).

Everything appears to work now, which is why I wanted to post, so that it doesn't go unnoticed, in case there's something that's failing intermittently.

In this case, I had to actually manually bid rather than use Gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, we noticed, in the UK, that it was down for a short while... by the time I was made aware it was back up again though...

Fortunately for me I schedule my snipes at least a day in advance so my sniping wasn't affected. Snipes operate via a completely independent application, so it's rare for a website interruption to be associated with any actual snipe failures, and I trust that was also the case on this occasion.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, it was down intermittently due to problem in one of the facility, but it did not last too long, an hour or so. The main Gixen server was not in this facility, and snipes were executing during this time, only the front end and the mirror server were affected.

Since this did not affect the main server, and did not last too long, I did not post any announcements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.