Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Cancelling recurring payment from Paypal guest checkout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frogdotblob

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:41 pm    Post subject: Cancelling recurring payment from Paypal guest checkout Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to cancel a recurring transaction from Paypal which may have been created in a guest checkout.

These are the steps I have taken to try to cancel the payment:

1. Go to Gixen settings
2. Scroll down to the \"Paypal subscriptions, past and present\" table
3. Click on the Subscription ID link
4. This link goes to /billing/landing/subscriptions which results in a 502 Bad Gateway.
5. So I then logged directly into Paypal.
6. Go to /myaccount/preferences/payments
7. Scroll down to the \"Automatic Payments\" link to paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/
8. The recurring transaction does not appear in this list and no results are returned when searching for the transaction ID.

I think this could be because the recurring transaction is associated with a guest checkout as described in these articles:

paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions-Archives/How-to-cancel-Automatic-Payment-with-guest-account/m-p/2944652

paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions/Account-making-automatic-payments-despite-not-showing-up-in/td-p/3132177

This seems a bit odd because the transaction confirmation emails are being sent to the same email that is used for my actual Paypal account.
I also remember signing in to Paypal when I initially set up and authorised the recurring payment so it seems weird that it's possibly attributed to a guest account.

I've reached out to Paypal support chat as per the recommendations in the above support articles, but just wanted to raise it here in case there is something wrong with the Paypal integration which is forcing this \"guest\" state despite being logged in? The link in Gixen settings to /billing/landing/subscriptions might also no longer be the correct link for managing subscriptions?

Thank you,

Frog
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username and I will cancel it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.