Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Probably something that most wouldn't find useful, but...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Probably something that most wouldn't find useful, but... Reply with quote

There is a certain eBay store I buy from regularly. I'm a pretty huge collector, and I go through and hit buy-it-now on every item related to what I collect. The problem is that he often lists while I am in class, and another user goes through and buys every one of the items I normally would.

It would be a pretty cool (albeit useless to most) feature to be able to automatically hit buy-it-now on any auctions that are with a certain seller and have a certain description.

For example, "seller1" and "ducks" would hit buy-it-now on every item that seller1 has that contains the wod ducks in the title.

Just thought I'd throw it out there since it's something I'd very much like to use (I can't be the only one, either) and I don't think anything out there has a similar feature.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nada... This looks so specific... Just to give you an idea - contingency bid groups, that were requested here by at least 5-10 users, and that I ended up implementing, are rarely used at all... How frequently would something like this be used?
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nada, got a cellphone with internet connection?
m.ebay.com is your friend.

You can also setup saved searched and get e-mail notifications when something is listed. Then you can do BIN on whatever you really need.

I would not do it automatic process, because it's very easy to abuse and let you buy stuff which you don't really need.
Nada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
Nada, got a cellphone with internet connection?
m.ebay.com is your friend.

You can also setup saved searched and get e-mail notifications when something is listed. Then you can do BIN on whatever you really need.

I would not do it automatic process, because it's very easy to abuse and let you buy stuff which you don't really need.

The only problem with that is the auctions are bought less than a minute after they go up (pretty much immidiately in some instances). I've tried beating him to it on my phone, but by the time I load the first auction he's already won them all.

Like I said; although I would use it frequently, I don't see it being of much use to most. I also see how it could be risky to use unless you were very familiar with the seller's usual listings.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.