Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Network error & Unknown Error 3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredmoulders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Network error & Unknown Error 3? Reply with quote

Hi,

Sniping item no. 230228323769 didn't work although my bid was considerably higher than the final bid. The status says "Network Error". I guess it doesn't have anything to do with bidding increments, not with the fact that the seller is from another country; I have sniped and bought from him before. Snipes placed on other objects within the same time frame were all placed correctly.

Also, sniping item no. 200203864923 yielded an "Unknown Error (3)". When checking the log, I found that it was because of the impossibility of foreign bidders to bid on this item. I thought in this case one was supposed to see "Auction Restrictions not met" (or something...)

Thanks for taking a look!

Pieter
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 230228323769 I suspect that it is a lesson to sellers not to schedule their auctions to end exactly on the hour, as probably many other sellers are ending theirs at exactly the same second. Hence servers get very busy at that moment. I thus suspect that either gixen or eBay servers were too busy for the bid to be placed on the hour.

The other one I agree, we usually see a different status, as you suggest.
fredmoulders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.

So basically it's an eBay related problem... Do you think if setting the timer-offset to 10 or 15 sec. rather than the default 6 sec. would avoid situations like these?

Pieter
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieter,

Well not necessarily eBay for the first one, it could have been that the gixen servers were too busy, Mario will have a better view on that.

Yes I think for the ones that end on the hour it probably is a good idea to schedule them a bit earlier, to avoid the last second rush as it were, I do think you have a good idea there.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieter, I'll investigate this, just need some time as I'm away from home. If I don't respond here by tomorrow evening, please feel free to remind me.
fredmoulders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario, I'll wait and see.

BTW, I just found out that two other snipes both yielded "Unknown Error (2)"; 280205662543 and 380002259863. When checking the log, it seems that my bid was just under the asking price. However the usual message in this case didn't show up...

??

Pieter
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieter, you used ebay.de as the target site - and as I mentioned before - it will take a while to properly parse / implement all the german strings to distinguish between different outcomes. This was indeed "bid under asking price" message, it's just that Gixen didn't recognize it because it's written in German.

I added it to the list of strings, you will no longer get "unknown error" for this outcome, but it's possible you will for something else. Reporting it to me is, however, the right way to fix these errors and I thank you for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.