Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid amount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
circuitboardz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: bid amount Reply with quote

I bid on an item today (Sunday 6/15/0Cool and was watching gixen as the seconds ticked down. When i reset the gixen site, it said that I had won the item and that the current bid was 504.99 (close). When I went to actual site where the item was listed, it said I was the high bigger at 609.00, not 504.99. I'm curious how this could happen, especially since the 2nd bidder had his bid in 10 minutes before closing. Any ideas?
nochkin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, Gixen need some more time to update your current bid.
nochkin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, this is more "Support" kind of question, not "Impressions" Wink
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does not update the current auction price in real time: there is some delay. The reason for this is that real-time updates would use up too many resources. Thus, you should use eBay's site directly or an auction management program (such as JBidWatcher) to obtain real-time auction updates.

I suspect that your opponent's bid was 599.00 and that the current price of the auction was updated when your snipe arrived. If you provide the auction number, we could confirm that.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject:

circuitboardz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Bib Amount Reply with quote

Thanks for the help and responses. The auction number was 220244279252 if you would care to confim.

And for nochkin, here is where I chose to put the question, lol. There's one in every discussion group I guess. But thanks for your efforts as well.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes John (juangrande) and nochkin were absolutely correct. Your bid moved the price up from 504.99 (499.99 plus 1 increment) to 609 to outbid the previous bidders high bid (of 599.00) by one increment. Gixen now takes a while to update that price to reflect your win.
circuitboardz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking it out for me. I've probably used Gixen about 50 times or more. It's bad, lol...which means very good..circuitboardz
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed 'bad'... You're making me feel like an old fogey ! Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.