Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

newbie question

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: newbie question Reply with quote

Be gentle please.
I have a stupid question in using Gixen. I signed up for the extra server and my simple question is:
All I have to do is put in the largest amount I would pay for the item and hit the add button? Please advise. Additional info would help. I am bidding on an important item that is ending tomorrow evening.

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, how does Gixen deal with the increments? Does it know to do certain incremental bids eg. on some bids on ebay it tells you to bid up $100. If Gixen just tries to get the highest bids, even using cents, will the ebay auction accept the bid that is not in the increment specified by the next increment bid on the webpage?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you just enter the auction number and the highest amount that you are willing to bid and push Add. I say the highest amount that you are willing to bid becuase you should also take into account that you will have to pay the shipping charge as well if you win the auction, so the amount that you pay would be the winning bid amount plus the shiping charge, if there is any.

eBay deals with increments, gixen submits your bid in the last seconds of the auction, if the eBay increment rules mean that eBay will not accept the bid then gixen will not be able to place it at all. If your bid is at least one incremant above the auction price at the time that gixen comes to submit it then it will be accepted by eBay and you will win if your bid is higher than any other bids. If your bid is more than one increment above any other bids eBay will only raise the price to one incremant above the next highest bid, so you will pay less than your maximum.

The advantage that sniping gives you over normal bidding is only that others can not react to your bid and place more of their own to raise the price and/or outbid your own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.