Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

can I bid against myself?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harlean5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: can I bid against myself? Reply with quote

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm not too bright when it comes to Ebay and sniping. If I already placed a higher bid, and then decided to use Gixen with an even higher bid, will I be driving up my bid and bidding against myself? Embarassed
I have less than 3 hours to figure this out before the auction ends. I know, I know I'm asking a dumb question... Confused
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never bid against yourself.
harlean5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

thanks for the fast response. So far so good & I am anxious to see how I do on the auctions. Hopefully you won't get a question as dumb as the one I asked Arrow Rolling Eyes
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a dumb question: eBay auctions work very differently than outcry auctions (which are what most people are familiar with). eBay auctions are a variant of what's called a Vickrey auction in which the winning bidder wins at a price equal to the second-highest bid. This means that if you are winning and place a higher bid, the current price doesn't change: it only changes if someone else bids. Of course, this is just the long version of what mario said. Very Happy

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.