Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Password refused, eBay asked for verification code (by trub)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trub

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Password refused, eBay asked for verification code (by trub) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a list of snipes saved and yesterday, I added another snipe about 30 minutes before the end of the auction. I got the "Password refused, eBay asked for verification code" error and lost the item.

Last night, another snipe was about to close from my list, so I manually bid just to make sure and CMA. Well, this snipe bid went through without a hitch.

I've never seen a second screen (for verification code or whatever) when logging in to eBay. Please explain.

Thanks,
trub
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trub,

eBay started inserting an additional screen asking for verification code. Because you don't get it from your home internet connection does not mean that Gixen doesn't get it either - eBay may insert this screen based on IP address, password strength or other.

I am working on resolving this, and thinking about a long-term solution. This will take some time. The only thing you can do on your side for now is make sure that you have a very strong password.

Mario.
trub

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Mario!

I appreciate your efforts!!! (and have recommended Gixen to all of my friends).

I wasn't trying to sound mad or unthankful with my original post. I just wanted you to get a better understanding of my situation and the error that occured.

A few more questions. What difference does it make if I have a very strong password? If I do, will eBay be satisfied and get off my back?

Cheers,
trub
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

trub wrote:
What difference does it make if I have a very strong password? If I do, will eBay be satisfied and get off my back?

Trust me as a sysadmin, strong password never hurt anyone.
eBay will simply have less reasons to insert captcha if you use it with eBay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, I've been getting this error message all morning long (5/29/0Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue.

I'm not a frequent Gixen user but if this can't be overcome, I can't be a user at all any more.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your ebay username? I'll try to find out why this happens.
c35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just a question about the password, I'm not sure to have understand it: if I change my current Ebay/Gixen password to a very long and complicated one, I may overcome this problem?

I'm asking this because my current password seems to me complicated enough, six letters and four numbers.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c35 wrote:
Hi all,

Just a question about the password, I'm not sure to have understand it: if I change my current Ebay/Gixen password to a very long and complicated one, I may overcome this problem?

I'm asking this because my current password seems to me complicated enough, six letters and four numbers.

Have you experienced this problem already? 6 letters and 4 numbers seems strong enough to me, unless if those 6 letters are a dictionary word.
c35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be, it's the name of an aircraft, but a French one and not a very well-known one.

P.S. By the way, thanks a lot for your great service.
supremepeace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: i have the same problem Reply with quote

i have the same problem - o my god i love you mario - can you fix this? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.