Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

A$ 11,750 bid SCARES Me !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro_the_one

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: A$ 11,750 bid SCARES Me !!! Reply with quote

Hi Mario ....

Can you please look at Item 280281103319 which I recently won with a bid of A$160.50.

An amount of $11750.00 has appeared in my bid column, but I have beenm quoted myREAL bid price of $160.50 by the seller.

Note that winning bid $160.50 plus Postage $10.00 = $170.50 total !!

Where did the $11750.00 come from ???
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro_the_one, I just checked - Gixen absolutely never updates the maximum bid column. You must have entered this bid yourself (typo?) into Gixen. You were very lucky that no one placed a bid higher than what you were really willing to pay. The final price is the minimum required to win (up to your maximum bid).
pedro_the_one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: That SCARY bid !! Reply with quote

Thanks Mario ....

Explanation accepted ........... on reflection, my original Gixen was for $175.00 and was subsequently changed, in the same operation, to $160.00.

I had forgotten this at the time of posting ...... obviously I never checked the cursor position at the time and somehow merged the two bids !!!

I now class myself as VERRRRRY lucky....................

Just imagine trying to explaine that mistake to a deliriously happy vendor ..... or a rather sceptical court .... or, worse still ... the WIFE ???

So, my mistake, could have been a lot worse .... but still GIXEN RULES !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.