Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Watched Gixen do its snipe. Pretty amazing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Watched Gixen do its snipe. Pretty amazing Reply with quote

Yesterday, I happened to be home when a bid was about to end. So I decided to watch the final minutes of the auction activity and see how Gixen was doing. As I kept refreshing my screen, I saw the other bidders put in their offers during the last minutes and seconds for the item.

As the auction began to close, other people were sniping for the win. I was tempted to jump in manually, but waited. Then, Gixen kicked in 6 seconds before the auction closed and it won my bid.

Gee, that was really fun.
donald-w

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Gixen rocks! Reply with quote

Laughing

I did that too! (logged in to an item on eBay)

Gixen generally works great! A terrific service! Cool Certainly, better than being called away just as an auction is about to end or forgetting to watch it.

I would suggest not watching the bidding by watching Gixen though. I had a few items listed and it was easiest to see them the complete list on Gixen, that way I could see what I had set as the maximum bid, what won, etc. One auction was about to end, so I refreshed a couple of times to see how it was going. Apparently this caused Gixen to think I was modifying the bid and it was submitted too late, even though I had previously set the amount, hours or days before the auction end. My maximum bid was about $20 more than what won the item. At least this seems to be what happened. I would be curious as to whether my impression is correct. There was a message that suggested this was the case. Perhaps that program behavior (if I am right) can be modified, meanwhile, I am modifying my behavior. Wink

Luckily, I found a similar item, so I am waiting for Gixen to do it's stuff. I did recommend Gixen to someone and although the maximum bid was more than they were willing to spend, they were quite happy with Gixen. Very Happy Thanks for the fine service Mario! Very Happy
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donald-w wrote:
I would suggest not watching the bidding by watching Gixen though.

That is a good point. Gixen is not designed for auction management: it is designed for placing bids. If you want to watch Gixen do its work, you should call up the auction in eBay. However, unless you had Gixen's edit mode open, I can't see how refreshing would interfere with a bid. In any case, your recommendation to not use Gixen to watch the bidding is a good one.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.