Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

reserve price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinh1301

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: reserve price Reply with quote

Hi there,

Gixen did a fantastic job maling sure I was the highest bidder unfortunately my wining bid (well under my maximium) was less than the reserve price.

is there anyway for gixen to keep bidding (up to my maximum) to meet the reserve price?

Cheers
Colin

item number 190274533343
DevilsPGD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reserve price Reply with quote

Gixen places exactly one bid which is your entered maximum, Gixen doesn't ever bid more then once, nor does it bid lower amounts and then repeated bid to your maximum, Gixen simply places your maximum bid.

eBay's proxy bidding system determines the final price. If your maximum bid is higher then you'll pay the higher of the reserve price, or the next highest bidder (plus one increment), if your bid is lower then the reserve price then the value displayed isn't relevant, you lose.

In this case, your maximum was lower then the reserve, so there was no winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.