Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen doesn't accept password anymore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
widukind72

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Gixen doesn't accept password anymore Reply with quote

Hi,

I set up two snipes with my e-bay username and password with GIXEN. When I tried logging on GIXEN for the 3rd time to add a third snipe, it wouldn't accept my password (no, I didn't have the caps lock on). I tried several times but the password was repeatedly rejected. It works fine when I log on Ebay, though. I haven't changed my password in the meantime or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot and happy new Year!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay is inserting CAPTCHA image when Gixen tries to login for you. This is likely because your password is not strong enough. Please go to eBay and change it to something stronger. Make a note of your snipes on Gixen before you do that, you will have to re-insert them to Gixen.

You have to do this - your snipes will likely fail if you don't.
steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if that doesn't work, then what? I changed my password as a matter of routine, then found I could no longer log in with Gixen. After looking through the forum I tried your suggestion, changing my pass to a ridiculously secure 20-character random string with a mix of lower-case, upper-case, numbers and special characters, and still no Gixen login.

If ebay is serving up a captcha check, is there any way for Gixen to pass it along so we can enter the data?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:
And if that doesn't work, then what?

Then you email me, and I'll find a way to fix it for you.

steve wrote:
If ebay is serving up a captcha check, is there any way for Gixen to pass it along so we can enter the data?

I could do that at the time you are logging in to Gixen, but that doesn't help at the time when snipe is to be placed.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject:

nochkin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve wrote:
20-character random string with a mix of lower-case, upper-case, numbers and special characters, and still no Gixen login.

It may be your "special characters" which give you the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.