Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HELP - I lost ..... but WHY ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro_the_one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: HELP - I lost ..... but WHY ??? Reply with quote

Mario, I need some advice here ......

I had a Gixen on Item 220387630602 some days before end, tonight.

I recently upped my bid to $950.05, left it for a while then decided I wanted it badly enough to warrant a further rise to $999.05 ....

Decided ,after more consultation, with approx 50 minutes to go (on the display!) to make sure I got it and raised my offer to $1025.05 .... then dashed away to do some grand-children chores.

Checked it on my return and discovered I had lost, but the winning bid was $915.05 .... more than $100 UNDER my offer !!!!

I have obviously missed something here .... can you help, please?
pedro_the_one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: HELP - I lost .... But WHY ??? Reply with quote

Mario, my apologies .... !!!

I don't know how to put this BUT I was obviously having a 'seniors moment !!'

I had had two separate Gixens on two similar items ..... lost the first one, WON the second. Because the items were similar in description .... well, basically, I mucked up!! I got my knickers in a twist by confusing the two auctions...... I related the second lot of changes to my first auction, which I lost 'cause the other bidder was higher .... amazing revelation !!

Sorry to waste your time, Mario .....
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've wasted nothing, just saw both your posts now. I'm still sorry if the you lost your item because of mix-up.
pedro_the_one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: All is cool !! Reply with quote

Thanks Mario .... only wanted one and got it, just that some-one else bid more for the first one. Howsome-ever, I won the second item at $860 .... from my Gixen of $1025, so couldn't be any happier. Was a great saving at $165 .... don't get no better !

Great programme ... cannot fault it .... works for me!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: All is cool !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.