Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

session expired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibidtoomuch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: session expired Reply with quote

I can not log in this afternoon. What happened?
DarthMall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Session Expired Reply with quote

I'm also getting an immediate message of "Session Expired" when I log in
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some security changes were introduced. You have to allow cookies now in your browser.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought occurs...

Is it possible that some organisations still have a policy of dissallowing cookies for the computers on their network?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've allowed cookiesfor gixen but still get the session expired message?? please help! Sad
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
i've allowed cookiesfor gixen but still get the session expired message?? please help! Sad

Which browser are you using?

Are you on a network that is controlled by someone else e.g. your employer or are you at home connected to the internet via an Internet Service Provider?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am using windows internet explorer on my home system, still getting session expired
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
am using windows internet explorer on my home system, still getting session expired

OK,

These days I generally use Firefox... but I will try to reproduce your problem.

On the window that comes up when you select the Tools (Menu) -> Internet Options... (The last menu option)... if you select the Privacy tab what do you have in that window?

At the moment I have 'Custom - Advanced or imported settings' and then when I select the 'Advanced...' button on the window that comes up I have the 'Override automatic cookie handling' toggle selected and 'Accept' for both First-party and Third-party Cookies... I dont have the 'Always allow session cookies' option selected.

With my settings I can log into Gixen and add snipes OK with Internet Explorer... of course those are most likely not the only options that will work in this respect.. if you let me know what you have I'll try them from here and see if they replicate your problem.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

OK,

These days I generally use firefox... but I will try to reproduce your problem.

On the window that comes up when you select the Tools (Menu) -> Internet Options... (The last menu option)... if you select the Privacy tab what do you have in that window?

At the moment I have 'Custom' and then when I select the 'Advanced...' button on the window that comes up I have the 'Override automatic Cookie handling' toggle selected and 'Accept' for both First-party and Third-party Cookies... I dont have the 'Always allow session cookies' option selected.

well i've tried that and in the list of sites i have always allow for gixen but im still getting session expired Confused hope this can be sorted out, have been using gixen for quite a while with no problems and dont really want to switch to another sniper as any of the ones i've looked at dont seem as good to me Sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, there was a security concern that was raised here in the forum, and cookies were required to resolve it.

The easiest way to see if something is wrong with your browser is to install another one. I would install Firefox and see if it works with it. If yes, then I would see how to fix IE.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

well i've tried that and in the list of sites i have always allow for gixen

Thats when pushing the 'Sites...' button isn't it?... I dont have Gixen on that list at all... I need to replicate your settings on the page with the 'Sites...' button first, I think we have a difference there at the moment.

Anonymous wrote:
but im still getting session expired Confused hope this can be sorted out, have been using gixen for quite a while with no problems and dont really want to switch to another sniper as any of the ones i've looked at dont seem as good to me Sad

I'm sure we can sort this out, no need to panic yet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've got todays snipes placed with another sniper (which only allows three free snipes per week which is pretty useless for me with the amount of bidding i do) so i'll try and suss the problem this evening, i always use gixen to place my bids even if im online when the auction is ending just because its so handy and would be lost without it!
chrissy2529

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Session expired. Please sign in again. Reply with quote

Not happy with this ! when will this be working again ! Need help cant log in !
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a test code that checks if cookies are enabled / disabled when logging in, and displays appropriate message.

chrissy2529, sorry for the inconvenience, but you have to enable cookies now in order to use Gixen.
Ibidtoomuch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to enable my cookies. Please help. For now I am using bidnip. I still have some points I purchased before I discoved Gixson.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibidtoomuch wrote:
I don't know how to enable my cookies. Please help. For now I am using bidnip. I still have some points I purchased before I discoved Gixson.

It is different depending which browser you are using... which one do you use?

If its Internet Explorer you will get to the right place if you following my directions above.

If its Firefox you need to go to 'Tools' (Menu) -> 'Options...' (Last menu item) then select 'Privacy' at the top of the window that comes up, on that pain you can enable the cookies by selecting the toggle near the middle. I also have the 'Accept third party cookies' toggle selected and in the drop down next to 'Keep Until:' I have 'they expire'.

If its a different browser from these let us know and I'm sure someone will be along with instructions shortly.
Ibidtoomuch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as you said by accepting first and third party cookies. Why am I still not able to log in?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibidtoomuch wrote:
I did as you said by accepting first and third party cookies. Why am I still not able to log in?

I have no other explanation than that your browser must be messed up. Please try to install a different browser (e.g. firefox) and let me know if that makes a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.